Thread: Westminster New

Page 109 of 187 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1865
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Good morning again,

I'm trying to adjust the site above the fold and make it more active. (May or may not be a good idea)

I'm trying the make the home page slide shorter. I looked in template config as well as banners and couldn't find it. I also adjusted the image size. Didn't work.

Could you straighten me out?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by racingtech View Post
    Good morning again,

I'm trying to adjust the site above the fold and make it more active. (May or may not be a good idea)

I'm trying the make the home page slide shorter. I looked in template config as well as banners and couldn't find it. I also adjusted the image size. Didn't work.

Could you straighten me out?

Thanks
    Look in the stylesheet_flex.css for the height of the slide show.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Look in the stylesheet_flex.css for the height of the slide show.

Thanks,

Anne
    Awesome, I don't know how you remember all of this.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I am having trouble with locating the correct files to edit for the slide show. I found the pictures in the banner folder but when changed nothing happens. Is there a html code section for this because I think I am getting the old slide1 etc. I looked at the admin - includes- index.php but I did not see anything which resembled the code I saw on the browers when I check the old page. Hope I made this clear.
    Thank you
    Ron

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ron

Did you go to Tools-Banner manager? The slides are set up in there (mine are homepageslide1). If you edit each slide you can replace it with your slide name.

L

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lruskauff View Post
    Hi Ron

Did you go to Tools-Banner manager? The slides are set up in there (mine are homepageslide1). If you edit each slide you can replace it with your slide name.

L
    Hello, Thank you I have fixed from your help:)
    Ron

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I am working on modifying my Westminster Template and learning how things interact in CSS.

I wanted to move the slimmenu (the one that says CONTACT US, INFORMATION, SHOP) from the left to the right. I accomplished this with a (float:right). But when the drop-down menu's open up, they open to the right and I want them to open to the left.

I searched the forum but only found info on the mega-menu module. This came with my Winchester New template, but i am not sure if it is an actual function of the template or an addon menu, so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.

Is this something that I can do with CSS? If so, can someone point me in the right direction. I've been going through the W3Schools tutorials but haven't seen anything there yet.

My play site is: testzen.thestitchsanctuary.com
    I am running ZC 1.5.4 and have the current Westminster New Template installed.
    I left the menu at the right.

I may end up moving it back to the left so please do not waste alot of time. At this point I am moving things to see if I like them visually and how they effect the rest of the page. If someone knows the answer off the top of their head, great. If not, I'll put them back to the left and add it to my "figure out" list.

TYIA

lruskauff

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I am working on modifying my Westminster Template and learning how things interact in CSS.

I wanted to move the slimmenu (the one that says CONTACT US, INFORMATION, SHOP) from the left to the right. I accomplished this with a (float:right). But when the drop-down menu's open up, they open to the right and I want them to open to the left.

I searched the forum but only found info on the mega-menu module. This came with my Winchester New template, but i am not sure if it is an actual function of the template or an addon menu, so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.

Is this something that I can do with CSS? If so, can someone point me in the right direction. I've been going through the W3Schools tutorials but haven't seen anything there yet.

My play site is: testzen.thestitchsanctuary.com
    I am running ZC 1.5.4 and have the current Westminster New Template installed.
    I left the menu at the right.

I may end up moving it back to the left so please do not waste alot of time. At this point I am moving things to see if I like them visually and how they effect the rest of the page. If someone knows the answer off the top of their head, great. If not, I'll put them back to the left and add it to my "figure out" list.

TYIA

lruskauff
    If you want to make css changes I would recommend using chrome and the web developer tools. They will tell you the line of which file needs to be edited when you inspect the element.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Annr. I am using fire foxes tool. Are the Chrome tools better?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Annr. I am using fire foxes tool. Are the Chrome tools better?

Thanks
    Firebug is a good tool also. I prefer chrome due to the browser performance over firefox ;)

Thanks,

Anne