Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    There is a newer (have been tested on a few sites but not official yet) version posted in the previous 1 or 2 pages, if you want to you can try it out. It will still take time to clear cache if your server is slow, but it wont time out since it uses javascript to reload.

Thanks Raine, I have downloaded the newer version from the previous page. Could you tell me which version this is?

Do I use this link for upgrade instructions?
    http://wiki.rubikintegration.com/zen...es/ssu/upgrade

Or should I just replace the old files with the new ones?

One more question: where can I check my current SSU version?

As always, thanks for your quick and efficient help.

Regards,
    Harshil

Plugin Contributions

hurrayyy, I finally made it!!! if somebody has the same problem as I did (the url of your language(mine was russian) does not show up, it only shows -c-1 for category #1, or something like that), you need to check your mysql database collation. Initially Zen cart installed in latin1-sweden, I believe, but what you need is utf-8, or whatever it is for your language. That's what causing all the troubles, characters are being messed up in the database that's why ssu does not see proper characters and can not translate them in to url. All you need to do is convert your database, but that's unfortunately not all, for some people. You also need to reinstall zen cart in utf-8 encoding, I found this tutorial on how to do it - http://www.srw2d.com/content/utf-8-zen-cart.
    Good luck!!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Everyone,

Have used these forums a lot to help me learn Zen Cart and I have done 3 customized carts so far with great success. Since I have gotten so much help from the info here I wanted to share a tweak for SSU I figured out to help with the issue of having multiple URLs for the same product when that product is in multiple categories.

I would wait for Raine to verify if he thinks there are any implications of doing this, but so far it is working as I need it for me. Perhaps this can be added in the future as an option, ill detail my idea more below.

So basically almost all my products belong to two categories, so if you are browsing the 1st category with product A, you have one link, and if you are in the 2nd category with product A, you have another link, since links are formatted with the category name in them.

What I did was modify the product parser to pull back only the master category id when formulating the product URL. So no matter what category page I am on, the links to the product are using the path containing the master category id.

Location the following file:
    /includes/classes/ssu/plugins/parsers/product.php and go to about line 121 to find this code:
    PHP Code:
    static function getProductPath($products_id$cPath) {    
            global 
    $db;

$categories_id self::getID($cPath'_');

$category_query "select p2c.categories_id, p.master_categories_id
                               from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p, " TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES " p2c
                               where p.products_id = '" 
    $products_id "'
                               and p.products_id = p2c.products_id 
                               and (p.master_categories_id = '
    $categories_id' or p2c.categories_id='$categories_id') limit 1";

$category $db->Execute($category_query);

// fall back if needed to

if ($category->RecordCount() == 0){

$category_query "select p.master_categories_id
                                     from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p 
                                     where p.products_id = '" 
    $products_id "' limit 1";

if (
    $category->RecordCount() > 0)

$categories_id $category->fields['master_categories_id'];
            }

$cPath ""
    now, comment out the first query section so that the code is forced to use the fallback code which pulls back the master category id only. the resulting code should look like the following:

PHP Code:
            global 
    $db;

/*
            $category_query = "select p2c.categories_id, p.master_categories_id
                               from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c
                               where p.products_id = '" . $products_id . "'
                               and (p.master_categories_id = '$categories_id' or p2c.categories_id='$categories_id') limit 1";

$category = $db->Execute($category_query);
            */
            //if ($category->RecordCount() == 0){

from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p 
                                     where p.products_id = '" 

if (

//}

$cPath ""
    This is the only code change necessary. Upload the file (make sure you saved the original just in case) and then go into the SEO URL Manager in Admin under Extras and clear out the cache for the products. You may need to clear out all cache but im not sure of the overall impact, maybe Raine can comment.

So going forward, I propose to Raine to add a flag in the admin for "Use Master Category Always". When this is set to true, it will force the master category to be used in the link at all times and bypass that first part of the code like I have done here. This would be the more formal approach for your own release and would be a lot easier for you to do than me, I am sure!

Again I thank you for this mod as well as the community for all the info I have gained here!

Jason

Plugin Contributions

Hi yellow, thanks for all the great support you give and the great ssu addon you have created!! I have 1 problem, i installed an addon for word press to appear in zencart. when SSU is turned off the wordpress addon works but when its turned on, the wordpress addon links just go to home page. I think all i have to do is write in the ssu an exclude list and on the query exclude list. i tried this but it still does not work. I think I put the wrong keywords in exclude and query list. these are the links that i need for ssu to ignore:

http://www.domain.com/?m=200910
    http://www.domain.com/?cat=1
    http://www.domain.com/?page_id=2

what should i put in the exclude list and in the exclude query list? or how can i fix this problem because when I add a new blog, i think the ?cat=1 will change to ?cat=2. And m=200910 will change to 200911.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nycgamestore View Post
    Hi yellow, thanks for all the great support you give and the great ssu addon you have created!! I have 1 problem, i installed an addon for word press to appear in zencart. when SSU is turned off the wordpress addon works but when its turned on, the wordpress addon links just go to home page. I think all i have to do is write in the ssu an exclude list and on the query exclude list. i tried this but it still does not work. I think I put the wrong keywords in exclude and query list. these are the links that i need for ssu to ignore:

http://www.domain.com/?m=200910
    http://www.domain.com/?cat=1
    http://www.domain.com/?page_id=2

what should i put in the exclude list and in the exclude query list? or how can i fix this problem because when I add a new blog, i think the ?cat=1 will change to ?cat=2. And m=200910 will change to 200911.
    I forgot to add that currently i have the following in both the exclude list and query exclude list:

m,cat,page_id,wordpress

it still does not work. I also need for ssu to ignore http://www.domain.com/index.php?main_page=wordpress

Plugin Contributions

I've installed SSU 3.7.1. I'm having problems with maintaining the attribute values in shopping cart links. It sounds similar to the "remove from cart" problem discussed previously -- the "id:" parameter is encrypted.

My store shows the cart contents in a sidebox. When SSU is off, clicking an item/link in the cart displays the product info page with attributes pre-set to match the values chosen when the item was added to the cart. Turn SSU on, and that no no longer works -- the product info displays but the attribute info is lost.

I saw this in an earlier post from Yellow concerning attributes and SSU:

"Reason: products with attributes in them have this type of id: 12:assadwqde213321dsada
    SSU encrypts the : and then Zencart could not understand it.
    Better Solution: decrypt the :
    This solution will be added to the new version within a few days
    "

Has that new version been released? If not, does anyone have suggestions about a fix?

Thanks.

-Tommy

Plugin Contributions

hello I have a question, I have updated another 200 products, it is all right, but for some products I have category renamed in
    -c-0
    why?
    thanks in advance

P.S. i reset all cache before

for only 1 product in that category for example, for other products it is renamed ok
    Last edited by giuly; 9 Nov 2009 at 02:24 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vossom View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Have used these forums a lot to help me learn Zen Cart and I have done 3 customized carts so far with great success. Since I have gotten so much help from the info here I wanted to share a tweak for SSU I figured out to help with the issue of having multiple URLs for the same product when that product is in multiple categories.

I would wait for Raine to verify if he thinks there are any implications of doing this, but so far it is working as I need it for me. Perhaps this can be added in the future as an option, ill detail my idea more below.

So basically almost all my products belong to two categories, so if you are browsing the 1st category with product A, you have one link, and if you are in the 2nd category with product A, you have another link, since links are formatted with the category name in them.

What I did was modify the product parser to pull back only the master category id when formulating the product URL. So no matter what category page I am on, the links to the product are using the path containing the master category id.

/includes/classes/ssu/plugins/parsers/product.php and go to about line 121 to find this code:
    PHP Code:
            global 
    $db;

from " 
                               where p.products_id = '" 
    $products_id "'

from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p 
                                     where p.products_id = '" 

if (

}

$cPath ""
    now, comment out the first query section so that the code is forced to use the fallback code which pulls back the master category id only. the resulting code should look like the following:

PHP Code:
            global 
    $db;

/*
                               and (p.master_categories_id = '$categories_id' or p2c.categories_id='$categories_id') limit 1";

*/

from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p 
                                     where p.products_id = '" 

if (

//}

$cPath ""
    This is the only code change necessary. Upload the file (make sure you saved the original just in case) and then go into the SEO URL Manager in Admin under Extras and clear out the cache for the products. You may need to clear out all cache but im not sure of the overall impact, maybe Raine can comment.

So going forward, I propose to Raine to add a flag in the admin for "Use Master Category Always". When this is set to true, it will force the master category to be used in the link at all times and bypass that first part of the code like I have done here. This would be the more formal approach for your own release and would be a lot easier for you to do than me, I am sure!

Again I thank you for this mod as well as the community for all the info I have gained here!

Jason
    This worked for me.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Hello yellow,

I prepare a uppgrade for zencart, so a set up a playground with latest zencart and simple seo. So far Simple SEO works fine but the the link for the button to delte a article from shopping cart does't work if simple seo is enabled:

original link
    HTML Code:
    http://example.org/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart&action=remove_product&product_id=1981:830d09ce3f787c08a88dc8e7bc52d136
    but with simple seo enabled
    HTML Code:
    http://example.org/shopping_cart/product_id/1981%3A830d09ce3f787c08a88dc8e7bc52d136?action=remove_product
    I already played with enabled
    HTML Code:
    'pages_excluded_list'   =>  explode(',', SSU_EXCLUDE_LIST),
    'queries_excluded_list' =>  explode(',', SSU_QUERY_EXCLUDE_LIST)
    in the config.conf and Exclude stuff at the admin interface to whitelist 'action', but i didn't got it tor work.

any hints?

BTW: I use the version from eazy templates (September 2009)

Thank you very much.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vossom View Post
    Hi Everyone,

PHP Code:
            global 
    $db;

from " 
                               where p.products_id = '" 
    $products_id "'

from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p 
                                     where p.products_id = '" 

if (

}

$cPath ""

PHP Code:
            global 
    $db;

/*

*/

from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p 
                                     where p.products_id = '" 

if (

//}

$cPath ""

Jason
    Hi Jason I just wanted to say thank you for this fix. I was having trouble with this too, and this seems to work quite nicely. Maybe yellow can includes it in admin. Thanks again.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation