Plugin Contributions

Default cURL SSL Support - warnings when installing on GoDaddy

Ok So I've read through some of the other posts about godaddy.com an the cURL and SSL issues and I still didn't quite find the answer.

So I have an SSL certificate, and cURL installed on my server. Whenever I go to the Zen Cart install page I get this errors:

CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 7 => more info...
    CURL problems detected: 56 => Received error code 403 from proxy more info...

I called godaddy and asked them wtf? They said I need to put this code :
    $ch = curl_init("http://www.raceroffroad.com/");
    $fp = fopen("raceroffroad_homepage.txt", "w");

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FILE, $fp);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);

curl_exec($ch);
    curl_close($ch);
    fclose($fp);
    ?>

and this code:

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, 'http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128');
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);sp;

into the cart. I figured it should go into the configure files. I put the toward the end of the files and nothing happens. So I called godaddy again and got their "advanced" tech support and they said to contact Zen Cart to see when I should put it in the code.

Now I've read the thread by DrByte http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61528 but I haven't got the cart installed yet. (ok so now my question) So can I install the shopping cart with the error messages and then do what DrByte says to get the cURL and SSL working and completly dissregaurd godaddy's code, or do I need to put godaddy's code in a file and then install? And if I have to put the code in first where should I put it?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cURL SSL Support

Ignore the code that GoDaddy gave you ... it's only useful if you're writing your own programs from scratch.
    They're not exactly helpful on the issue, and despite promises from their senior technical people, they've done nothing to make the whole process work better. Clearly they're only interested in taking money from those who think they're getting a good deal by signing up with them. There are better options out there: check the "hosting" link at the top of this page.

Nevertheless, if you are committed with GoDaddy, ignore the CURL warning in the installer, and after you have finished installation and logged into your admin area, set the proxy address and enable the proxy as explained in the thread you mentioned: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61528

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cURL SSL Support - warnings when installing on GoDaddy

Ok thanks! I got alittle confused by all the information, thanks for clearing that up.