Default Re: Request For Help

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    Sent you samples from 4 clients using different hosting companies including

• Netfirms
    • GoDaddy
    • IX Web Hosting
    • BlueHost
    No problem on the delay.. turns out the software is taking more time to write than I'd hoped anyway!

Thanks very much for that, I'm pretty confident that the software will definitely cope with any variation of Linux+Apache.

Now just to get some feedback from any IIS users out there??

Thanks again DivaVocals. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Hi,

This looks like a great mod (only if I can figure out what I'm not doing right)....Very easy to install and great documentation. Thank you for sharing and spending time working on it.

I've finally created a template and installed this mod a couple of days ago. There were no products in my database. I started entering products today using Easy Populate. In admin->modules->Ceon...config - I have auto generation set up as 'yes'.

However, every time I enter new products, the autogeneration is not working. It still shows a dynamic link...I've been trying to find a solution for the last couple of days and can't seem to find it.

I'm using ZC1.3.9h. Ceon 3.8.0.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

No problem on the delay.. turns out the software is taking more time to write than I'd hoped anyway!

Thanks very much for that, I'm pretty confident that the software will definitely cope with any variation of Linux+Apache.

Thanks again DivaVocals. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    Hi Conor sorry for the delay on the file. I sent it to you here something@toconor

check you mail. Have a nice weekend.
    Last edited by Ajeh; 19 Jun 2011 at 03:53 AM. Reason: remove email address
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kman55 View Post
    Hi,

This looks like a great mod (only if I can figure out what I'm not doing right)....Very easy to install and great documentation. Thank you for sharing and spending time working on it.

I've finally created a template and installed this mod a couple of days ago. There were no products in my database. I started entering products today using Easy Populate. In admin->modules->Ceon...config - I have auto generation set up as 'yes'.

However, every time I enter new products, the autogeneration is not working. It still shows a dynamic link...I've been trying to find a solution for the last couple of days and can't seem to find it.

I'm using ZC1.3.9h. Ceon 3.8.0.
    Ceon URI Mapping does not support Easy Populate uploading. You will have to do them manual, one at a time.

Or

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    You will have to do them manual one at a time. To have a auto generation for all products at once Conor cannot answer this question here on this support forum as the rules of this forum prohibit the support or discussion of paid modules on the part of the module creator. The particular module you speak of will be a commercial module, and if you want more information on it, you will need to contact Conor via e-mail. (use the contact form on the Ceon website)

Donations, Donations, Donations, I have always seen if you support the creator on the module they are most of the time willing to help you out when you need that extra boost.

Plugin Contributions

Great. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Hi Conor sorry for the delay on the file. I sent it to you here email address

check you mail. Have a nice weekend.
    Thanks very much.. is there any way you can remove the e-mail from yourpost?

Just so it doesn't get spammed! :)

Thaks again!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

Thanks very much.. is there any way you can remove the e-mail from yourpost?

Just so it doesn't get spammed! :)

Thaks again!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    I asked Ajeh to remove it for me. Sorry about that. I don't know why I would do something like that.

Plugin Contributions

I added this module to an existing cart with about 50 products. The installation went smoothly. The configuration is at the default settings. When I edit a category or product, tick the box to have the URI auto-generated for the category or product, the link to the file changes, but no page exists at that location - or no redirect is happening.

I click on the category or product link in the shop, and get a 404, file not found at the new-category/file-name.

I feel like I am missing the connection between the zen cart and .htaccess. My cart didn't have an .htaccess file in the root folder with the index.php file, so I created one, turned on mod rewrite, and added this to the file, because my admin is in zc_admin:

# Don't rewrite admin directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/zc_admin [NC]

Does the add-on write statements to the .htaccess file as URIs are auto or manually generated? When I installed the add-on, should it have created its own .htaccess file? Am I missing rules that should be added to the .htaccess file to make it work?

I've read everything I can find, and I still must be missing something. Can you shed some light?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by srlaird View Post
    I added this module to an existing cart with about 50 products. The installation went smoothly. The configuration is at the default settings. When I edit a category or product, tick the box to have the URI auto-generated for the category or product, the link to the file changes, but no page exists at that location - or no redirect is happening.

I click on the category or product link in the shop, and get a 404, file not found at the new-category/file-name.

I feel like I am missing the connection between the zen cart and .htaccess. My cart didn't have an .htaccess file in the root folder with the index.php file, so I created one, turned on mod rewrite, and added this to the file, because my admin is in zc_admin:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/zc_admin [NC]

Does the add-on write statements to the .htaccess file as URIs are auto or manually generated? When I installed the add-on, should it have created its own .htaccess file? Am I missing rules that should be added to the .htaccess file to make it work?

I've read everything I can find, and I still must be missing something. Can you shed some light?
    Conor has provided a very detail read me file that comes with this module. All you have to do is read it to know that you have to make a .htaccess file and put it in the root of your server.

Make a .htaccess file and put in this information but change the admin folder to the custom name you are using.

# Don't rewrite any URIs ending with a file extension (ending with .[xxxxx])
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.[a-z]{2,5}$ [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/your_admin [NC]
    # Don't rewrite editors directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/editors [NC]
    # Don't rewrite cPanel directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/cpanel [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/frontend [NC]
    # Handle all other URIs using Zen Cart (index.php)
    RewriteRule .* index.php?%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the quick response. I had read the document several times, but did not realize that I should begin with one of the two example rules for the .htaccess file (store in root or not root), then modify the rule for the renamed admin location. In my case zc_admin.

Does exactly what we need now.