Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: suddenly my orders fail to post in orders admin

Thank you all very much for your opinions and insights. However, unfortunately none of this resolves my store issue. CoolCarParts said it best I guess, "you'll not get any sold answers here." (Forum)

Does anyone know how to get support from ZenCart directly? Is there a support email? What other options may be available for resolving the issue? Any expert Zen Cart masters out there that can help? Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte,
    Thank you. Best info yet.
    The ZC upgrade is very scarry. It's not like you can click "update" and its done. Seems like you have to go in and make all kinds of changes to individual PHP files, that's why I've left it alone. I'm running 1.3.9f. I see upgrade to 1.3.9h.
    How can I easily upgrade without having to open these PHP files, or is that possible? Also, where do I make changes to the Pay Pal Module install you suggested? Thanks again, Dr. Byte.

Plugin Contributions

In each download of Zen Cart is a docs folder and at the top of this page is a Tutorials/FAQ link. Both of those contain very good directions for upgrading.
    Just like sitting ten people in a circle and whispering something in each one's ear in turn, you will likely get incomplete information from an answer to a forum thread. It's simply because we each have a favorite way of doing things.
    The docs and Tutorials/FAQ methods have been developed so as not to leave out any of the steps needed to upgrade.
    Following either step by step may take a couple of hours at first, but you will learn many things in the process that will help you in maintaining your site in the future.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by addlink View Post
    Dr. Byte,
    The ZC upgrade is very scarry. It's not like you can click "update" and its done. Seems like you have to go in and make all kinds of changes to individual PHP files, that's why I've left it alone. I'm running 1.3.9f. I see upgrade to 1.3.9h.
    How can I easily upgrade without having to open these PHP files, or is that possible? Also, where do I make changes to the Pay Pal Module install you suggested? Thanks again, Dr. Byte.
    FYI updating will not fix your problem as I am running the latest version and having problems.

Plugin Contributions

Did you see the other part of Dr. Byte's comments, besides upgrading? Have a look through this list of items to make sure Paypal's configured correctly: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCarPartsOnline View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by addlink View Post
    Dr. Byte,
    FYI updating will not fix your problem as I am running the latest version and having problems.
    Again, an irrelevant statement, since the context is unrelated to your EC problems to which you're referring.

Upgrading *will* help if it does nothing more than get the OP's site onto the same page so that any troubleshooting or code suggestions refer to the same line numbers etc. And of course fix all the other bugs that were fixed between versions. Those are always good reasons to upgrade anyway.

Besides, the upgrade from v1.3.9f to v1.3.9g and then to v1.3.9h is just a matter of replacing a handful of files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,
    The upgrade appears incredibly complicated.
    I see two references:
    1.) Simplified: download 1.3.9h, extract w/folders, FTP upload to server into a new directory, FTP into directory on server, click "/zc_install/index.php" DOES THIS ASK FOR EXISTING INSTALL INFO, LIKE DB, ETC? Do I need to change permissions on all these admin PHP files?

2.) Complex version: /docs/1.readme_installation.html document.

Question: which one to follow for easiest upgrade?
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte,
    Thanks again and again.
    You last stated, Besides, the upgrade from v1.3.9f to v1.3.9g and then to v1.3.9h is just a matter of replacing a handful of files.

Question: do you have to go from 1.3.9f first to g, or can I just go directly to upgrade h? How do I determine which files relevant to "replacing a handful of files"?
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've explained this hundreds of times elsewhere on the forum, so please forgive me if my tone here is "short" in any way.

1. Download the v1.3.9h zip file.
    2. Unzip it.

3. Open these 2 files in your browser and print them:
    /docs/changelog-v1-3-9g.html
    /docs/changelog-v1-3-9h.html

4. Those two documents show you the list of files that changed between versions.

You need to do the 1.3.9g list of files FIRST.
    And THEN do the 1.3.9h files afterward.

(Yes, some files are listed in BOTH documents. For the sake of making sure you don't miss any, do the repeats anyway.)

So ... for each file listed on each of those documents:
    a) Is the file that's on your site an original? or has it been changed by you? either by making edits of your own or by replacing/merging it with an addon?
    b) If you never changed that file, just upload the new one over it.
    c) If you DID change that file in any way, re-do your change in the NEW version of the file, and upload the new one.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

The last one I did took about 25 minutes.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, DrByte,
    I understand your impatience with me, sorry.
    I went to Pay Pal Express in my existing version.
    Uninstalled PayPal Standard, installed Express.
    Got API stuff, directly from PayPal, pasted into the set up in ZC

Attempted and order.
    Got error, "An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (7) couldn't connect to host"

If it fails here, won't it fail in version h as well?

Why would Express fail?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast