Page 289 of 357 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

I haven't had good success with uploading the file myself though I don't remember why or what happened. I always go to google and get it fetched from there.

So it worked at first and now the export doesn't work?
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    I haven't had good success with uploading the file myself though I don't remember why or what happened. I always go to google and get it fetched from there.

So it worked at first and now the export doesn't work?
    Nope, it failed at first, now it works (But with what looks like it is failing)... I have some errors after I uploaded.. all products have 3 errors...

Missing recommended attribute: google product category
    Missing recommended attribute: product type
    Missing recommended attribute: shipping weight

Shipping weight, I fixed by enabling it in the settings... Just trying to figure out how to ..

When I get it right, I ont be doing this manually.. I will create a cron job and schedule etc...

Plugin Contributions

OK, another update.!!

I ran the feeder programme in Firefox... The popup window cameb, but, the popup window waited until the end (It took 701 seconds, says so at the bottom of the popup window)...

So, there is clearly a distinct difference with IE9 and Firefox..

I am left with 2 errors after I upload the feed to google...

- XML formatting error - Error
    Our system encountered an error when processing your data feed. Learn more. Examples:

Line No. 35,084
    Column No. 462

I read the 'Learn More' and compared it to the XML file created and I see no error or problem.?

- Each product is - Missing recommended attribute: google product category.... And I cant find out how to include that data with my feed???

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gertzy View Post
    OK, another update.!!

I ran the feeder programme in Firefox... The popup window cameb, but, the popup window waited until the end (It took 701 seconds, says so at the bottom of the popup window)...

So, there is clearly a distinct difference with IE9 and Firefox..

I am left with 2 errors after I upload the feed to google...

- XML formatting error - Error
    Our system encountered an error when processing your data feed. Learn more. Examples:

Line No. 35,084
    Column No. 462

I read the 'Learn More' and compared it to the XML file created and I see no error or problem.?

- Each product is - Missing recommended attribute: google product category.... And I cant find out how to include that data with my feed???

Cheers
    the formatting error is on line 35084. The last one I ran into was the use of an ampersand in one of the product images but could certainly be any number of things.

You only have to have the google product category if your product is in a certain category and the main one is apparel. It is not require otherwise and is not something to worry about for most folks.

I think I posted which categories were required sometime in the last couple of weeks here.

If you fall into one of those categories, this mod does not have the ability to add in that category designation at the moment. I'm not sure if there is a way to do that or not. The one person who knows that answer is Numinix who doesn't tend to answer questions on this forum or his own. He just does the work on the mod!

Plugin Contributions

OK thanks, I understand..!! (I dont have the Aparel or other products that need category then)

But...

' line 35084'.... I dont understand how to find line 35084...

I opened the xml file in notepad... And the number of lines changes based on how wide i set that window... Like there are no specific line ends...!!

hmm..!! dunno now..!!

Plugin Contributions

There are several freebie notepad programs that do line numbers like you need - Programs like Dreamweaver and the like do that as a matter of course.

Go look for Notepad++. I believe that might be the best way to go.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    the formatting error is on line 35084. The last one I ran into was the use of an ampersand in one of the product images but could certainly be any number of things.
    Hey, I found n editor and went to the line and yes, it was the same, ampersand in the jpg file name. I never do things like that, so must have been one that a supplier sent that way and I missed renaming it..!!!

Thank you.. Lets hope it is all good now :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickmo68 View Post
    If you're using the latest version, comment out the line below from includes/classes/google_base.php

It worked for me. Not sure what the repercussions are yet though.

anyone know what this line does and if/why it's needed?

PHP Code:
    //   $str = htmlentities(html_entity_decode($str), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
      // 
    Thank you very much. this worked for me as well.
    A&H Accessories, Shop for unique hair and fashion accessories.
    Browse barrettes, clips, bows, headbands & more
    www.ahaccessories.com

Plugin Contributions

Couple of glitches and hoping someone here can help.

I have a total of 395 active products of 401 total per my Admin.

With attributes added for size, color etc, the total number would be 540 if each was processed individually.

When I create my feed it says that 394 of 400 processed successfully. So I think I only really have one bad record as all other active products are processing.

When I go to open or view my feed I get an rss window asking me to subscribe. Once I do that I can view the feed.

The feed itself contains 776 products (that's about 236 extra?)

If I allow Google to fetch the feed it returns an error saying the feed is in HTML format. However if I manually upload it, it processes 187 or 188 records.

I only have one xml coding error on one product but where the heck did the other 200 or so go and how can I make the fetched file not upload as html so that I can set up a cron job to create the feed each day?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

when searching for my products on google shopping the items titles are not displayed instead,(after searching my items) I believe meta tag titles. I have this set to off in admin>config>google merchant...
    Is this the way it is supposed to display or how can I fix this?
    Thank you