Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The NEW Google Merchant Thread - Version 1.12.0

I was having some trouble with my feed, but was running one of the versions that came out earlier this year. So I thought now was as good a time as any to upgrade. Anyway, after reading most of this thread and the old one, I decided to contact Mary from mydigitalfixations. For a very small fee, she was able to get the newest version installed and running smoothly in less than 24 hours. It was the best 30 bucks I ever spent.

Plugin Contributions

Wow, this is really a long thread, if I may, I'd like to ask:

1. How can I include "Google product category" in the feed automatically generated?
    3. How can I specify "Google product category" for certain "product type"?

Plugin Contributions

i seem to be having a problem with this
    this was a fressh install no other version was installed before
    now my problem is this .
    i have about 300 products to list for google but when i go to tools google merchen feeder and click create it opens another window and says
    id: 85, price: 1, description length: 251 - including - success

id: 87, price: 1.75, description length: 133 - including - success

id: 88, price: 5.53, description length: 763 - including - success

id: 89, price: 5.53, description length: 1266 - including - success

id: 90, price: 5.53, description length: 659 - including - success
    etc etc up to 300 products ok so i thought
    i clicked on the download link domain_products_en.xmli get feed code error
    i click on upload and get this Upload started...
    Connection failed: uploads.google.com

Upload failed...
    so i downloades the file from my server and looked in the file and only 35 products are listed
    any ideas?????

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dwkettle View Post
    I've set it to debug, but how do I get the results?

Also, I've unistalled and reinstalled. When i run unistall.sql, does that remove all the sql patches?
    I ask because even if I run uninstall.sql, I am unable to install.sql without it telling me it is a duplicate entry. In configuration, many of the settings are not showing up anymore.
    Ok, I am not an expert so I will try my best. If you run the unistall.sql it shoud remove all the sql patches including any previous versions. If you are getting duplicate entries this may mean that the uninstall script has not worked. Are you copy and pasting the script into the enter query box as this tends to work better than uploading the file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by destinysync View Post
    Wow, this is really a long thread, if I may, I'd like to ask:

1. How can I include "Google product category" in the feed automatically generated?
    3. How can I specify "Google product category" for certain "product type"?
    Go to the configuration menu and then to the GMCF config menu. Where it says google product category default you need to put in your category according to the google category taxonomy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by scooby3134 View Post
    i seem to be having a problem with this
    this was a fressh install no other version was installed before
    now my problem is this .
    i have about 300 products to list for google but when i go to tools google merchen feeder and click create it opens another window and says
    id: 85, price: 1, description length: 251 - including - success

id: 87, price: 1.75, description length: 133 - including - success

id: 88, price: 5.53, description length: 763 - including - success

id: 89, price: 5.53, description length: 1266 - including - success

id: 90, price: 5.53, description length: 659 - including - success
    etc etc up to 300 products ok so i thought
    i clicked on the download link domain_products_en.xmli get feed code error
    i click on upload and get this Upload started...
    Connection failed: uploads.google.com

Upload failed...
    so i downloades the file from my server and looked in the file and only 35 products are listed
    any ideas?????
    If there are only 35 products on your feed you may have an error on your feed somewhere. I think the most common problem is to have spaces on your image file. If you open your actual feed file in internet explorer it should work if not it will tell you exactly which line has the error. You can see the error and correct it. Keep doing this until everything has been corrected. You will then see the feed file, if there are no errors. With regards to uploads, I find it does not work very well and your better of telling google to upload the products and pointing it to your feed file. You can schedule google to do this aswell.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by honeypot View Post
    Go to the configuration menu and then to the GMCF config menu. Where it says google product category default you need to put in your category according to the google category taxonomy
    Thanks, honeypot, for taking the time explaining. But what I meant to ask is, let's say my website have category A and category B, how can I make "Google product category M" correspond to category A, "Google product category N" correspond to category B?

Sorry, English is not my native language, I probably didn't explain my point well.

Plugin Contributions

to those asking about why the merchant feeder is leaving out product type, check what you have it set on in the admin configuration and if your using a bulk upload program such as easy populate, ensure that you have set / reset your master categories for new and existing products (you can reset by category if you go in to the multiple categories link manager, get to this by clicking on any product, clicking the blue circle with a c on it and then scrolling down to the multiple categories link manager)

this worked for me :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by destinysync View Post
    Thanks, honeypot, for taking the time explaining. But what I meant to ask is, let's say my website have category A and category B, how can I make "Google product category M" correspond to category A, "Google product category N" correspond to category B?

Sorry, English is not my native language, I probably didn't explain my point well.
    No problems. I am not sure I have an answer as all my products go in one category. However, I did read some thing about it in one of the earlier posts. Maybe the answer lies there.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by honeypot View Post
    If there are only 35 products on your feed you may have an error on your feed somewhere. I think the most common problem is to have spaces on your image file. If you open your actual feed file in internet explorer it should work if not it will tell you exactly which line has the error. You can see the error and correct it. Keep doing this until everything has been corrected. You will then see the feed file, if there are no errors. With regards to uploads, I find it does not work very well and your better of telling google to upload the products and pointing it to your feed file. You can schedule google to do this aswell.
    thanks for that
    i now have another problem i have got all my items in my store now in the xml file
    i have uploaded it manually to google merchant but when i have uploaded it it says
    164of 165 items have been added view errors
    but i have 301 products in my xml file so its missing out 100+items when google reeds it
    any help please thanks

Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast