Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

red flag Is Mobicart.com legit? Feedback wanted! No response from "them"

Hi

I'd like to know if anyone had experienced Mobi-cart.com and how it worked for you.

I signed up with them yesterday for a Pro plan, advertised as a plan with priority email support +
    priority chat support
    (!@#$%), they don't mention before paying that I had to wait for them to activate my account, of course they don't mention how long it take for them to do just that.

Since paying I am waiting for the activation, they charged me 30 days from the day I paid which mean i have already paid 2 days for nothing.

I emailed them several times for a technical question and of course to know when they will activate the account, nobody bothers to answer....

We are Friday they obviously don't answer emails during business hours so it's unlikely something will move on during the weed-end

Yesterday i received an automated reply from their tech support: "I haven't heard from you in a while so I'll be moving this ticket to a closed state in the next few days".....

This is the only email i received from them, never answered my tech question and of course absolutely nothing on how long it takes to activate the account I paid for.....

To make it shorter, they are unreachable.

Are they other Zenpals having to deal with this company?

Thanks

L.

Last edited by wirefram; 14 Jun 2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: forgot to subscribe to the thread

Default Re: Is Mobicart.com legit? Feedback wanted!

As of today, June 17th, I still haven't got a single answer from this company, I received a mail from someone who signed up with them Saturday, he is still expecting answers and its account activation from Mobi-cart.com who answer nobody and does nothing else than collecting money...

As, of course, they didn't answer to my request for my money back, looks like the only way out it to cancel the payment directly from my bank and block this company from billing me again.

Stay away from mobicart.com !

I really would like to know how many others were screwed by mobi-cart.com...

I have never seen such a behavior from a company advertising that much all over the web !

Plugin Contributions

Have you put anything on their facebook page. That should get someone's attention.

I can't find a facebook page for this company...

I even PM the "founder" Wladimir, on this forum as he posted here to advertise his products for Zencart

see the thread below

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...24#post1056124

of course, there is no answer....

At this point I see no other explanation than another online big scam .... Google the name of the company, there are a lot of results, somebody does spend times to advertise everywhere and make believe they are legit, if they do not answer to their customers it can only be because they don't want...

May 2013:Stephen Lusty ex Google Director joins MobiCart

http://www.gomonews.com/stephen-lust...oins-mobicart/
    Last edited by wirefram; 17 Jun 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Still don't know what is going on with this company, I finally contacted the founder on twitter yesterday asking him explanations, the only things he did was to decide to officially announce his resignation on Twitter while he resigned on May 15th and announced nothing back then....

There are more and more unhappy paying customers facing the same problem, no answer at all from Mobi-cart.com.

I suggest them to comment here:

http://tcrn.ch/16JhvHs

as this site started a thread yesterday about the resignation of the ex-founder guy, i also posted my comments....

Anyway, stay away from anything mobi-cart.com, mobicart.com related

Maybe if there are lot of complaints someone at mobi-cart will take responsability !

Plugin Contributions

Hi Folks,

Of course MobiCart is legit. Has it had some issues? Yes it has. Is it working to resolve them? Yes it is. Is it sorry that some customers are unhappy? Absolutely.

It takes a bit of time to sort stuff out. We do care about our customers, it just takes a bit of time to get to all the issues as a result of recent events, but we are getting there. We have taken on additional resource, but there is a learning curve and while folks are learning and others are teaching them there is less time for doing. In the longer term however, things are improving and hopefully there will be much fewer issues to complain about.

You care that much about your customers that I am still waiting for the refund of the money I paid on June 13th for a product I never had.

First and last time i heard from you was June 21st, since, you are doing your best for not answering ANY of my emails where i ask you to refund my money...

This is the way you care .....

Took you more than 3 weeks to realize there are posts on the Net about your non working product and a bunch of unhappy customers posting on your OWN board and left without answers to their inquiries, you don't give a damn about customers and that's why you answer nobody....

You are just trying to keep promoting your product to get more people to pay for.....

stick a "donate" Paypal button on your site that would be way more correct than trying to get 1 year of cash ahead from people subscribing to your non working plans....

Plugin Contributions

http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/19/mob...eo-checks-out/

Quote Originally Posted by wirefram View Post
    You care that much about your customers that I am still waiting for the refund of the money I paid on June 13th for a product I never had.

First and last time i heard from you was June 21st, since, you are doing your best for not answering ANY of my emails where i ask you to refund my money...

This is the way you care .....

Took you more than 3 weeks to realize there are posts on the Net about your non working product and a bunch of unhappy customers posting on your OWN board and left without answers to their inquiries, you don't give a damn about customers and that's why you answer nobody....

You are just trying to keep promoting your product to get more people to pay for.....

stick a "donate" Paypal button on your site that would be way more correct than trying to get 1 year of cash ahead from people subscribing to your non working plans....
    wakeleymb.com.au

Plugin Contributions

My take on services such as Mobicart is... are they really necessary?

The same result can be achieved for far, far less money - by using a plain old responsive template.

And with an increasing number of developers entering the "fray" with new responsive templates on offer, prices (when requested) of these templates will fall. There are also a number of people/teams developing FREE responsive templates.

So why would anyone want to pay (heavily) for a system that can be more easily and cheaply achieved by using a (relatively) simple template?

We have been migrating our sites and our clients' sites to responsive templates for over a year now (for a relatively small one-off fee), and have tested them on numerous devices. They all work extremely well. Most sites are now seeing sustained increases in revenues, as their sites become more "user-friendly" on the growing number of hand-helds that webshoppers now prefer to use.

All major shopping cart systems have responsive template offerings these days, and they are not difficult to install.

I think that Mobicart is now out on a limb - desperately trying to offer services that nobody really needs. It appears that they did not do their homework correctly in determining barriers to entry. Not a criticism... just sad that they have invested so heavily in a technology that has far cheaper alternatives.

See if you can get your money back (first prize). If you struggle to get a refund, put this down to experience and just install a responsive template.
    Last edited by schoolboy; 20 Aug 2013 at 09:14 AM.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I would like to let you all know that mobicart is alive and well. I began looking into them a few days ago. Had a few questions and received answers right away. I also received an explanation about their history. Mobicart Limited was liquidated last November and our company bought the software assets. The previous company had financial problems and this caused problems with their customer support the months prior to the sale.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast