Zen Cart Logo
Forums / Addon Payment Modules / National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Views: 31,753

Results 1 to 20 of 89
4 Nov 2006, 7:15 AM
#1
lloyd_borrett avatar

lloyd_borrett

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Mar 2006
Location:
Rosebud, Victoria, Australia
Posts:
308
Plugin Contributions:
2

National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

G'day,

We're in the process of setting up the payment options for a new online store we're building, mostly servicing Australian customers, but expect to see some International ones also.

We've already loaded about 300 products into the store, and will probably end up with close to 1000 products. Prices range from $5 to $5,000.

This is the first time we've had to deal with an online sales setup, so it's all very new to us.

We already have a National Australia Bank (NAB) merchant account and credit card processing unit for our physical store which has been operating for some years. We mostly do "face to face" selling, though some orders are taken via the phone and email.

Now we're moving to online selling using Zen Cart. We understand that we'll need to upgrade our NAB merchant facility to an Internet merchant account.

We're in the process of organising a permanent IP address and Comodo SSL certificate for our web site. Thus our payment transactions will be secure, plus more trusted by customers.

Now we have to figure out how to handle the online processing of credit card payments.

The NAB offer a service whereby customers are taken to a NAB web site to enter the payment details, and then would be transferred back to our web site. We'd prefer a solution whereby the customer stays on our web site for the entire transaction.

Our understanding is that there are Zen Cart based solutions that will let us do this. However, we believe we'll need to use a third-party payment gateway/authorisation provider for that to happen. Plus that this provider will have to be acceptable to the National Australia Bank (NAB). Have we got this correct?

Would anyone know just what Zen Cart payment modules and payment gateway provider options will work for our Australian online shop? Which would you recommend, and why?

Your thoughts and opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.

26 Nov 2006, 11:50 PM
#2
oldschool avatar

oldschool

New Zenner

Join Date:
Oct 2005
Posts:
2
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Hi Lloyd,

I've had to develop the NPIS (NAB gateway) for a customer and it is waiting certification from NAB. The integration has been painful and quite a few more tests are required prior to an official go-live.

I modified the direct banking payment module and manufactured a payment button to parse the information to the NPIS site. Successful completion, will redirect back to the checkout-confirmation page. In theory that's how it is supposed to work.

I'll let you know more if and when this works properly.

Regards,
Aloysius
OldSchool®
https://www.oldschool.net.au

27 Nov 2006, 4:06 AM
#3
lloyd_borrett avatar

lloyd_borrett

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Mar 2006
Location:
Rosebud, Victoria, Australia
Posts:
308
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

5 Dec 2006, 10:24 AM
#4
oldschool avatar

oldschool

New Zenner

Join Date:
Oct 2005
Posts:
2
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Hi,

I've now created the NAB payment gateway for ZC. It's fully tested and works!!

If you are interested in running your own tests, contact me and I'll send you the files.

Regards,
Aloysius
OldSchool®
https://www.oldschool.net.au

11 Dec 2006, 5:37 AM
#5
oavs avatar

oavs

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jan 2006
Location:
Downunder - QLD - Gold Coast
Posts:
921
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Hi oldschool

Can I have it too please ?

Thanks

20 Feb 2007, 3:46 AM
#6
spetznatz avatar

spetznatz

New Zenner

Join Date:
Feb 2007
Posts:
1
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

I wouldn't mind that either, if that's alright!

25 Aug 2007, 10:17 PM
#7
lloyd_borrett avatar

lloyd_borrett

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Mar 2006
Location:
Rosebud, Victoria, Australia
Posts:
308
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

G'day,

I've run this payment option successfully most of this year. Just recently we've been getting a spate of orders where the payment is made, but we don't get the order details.

I'm not sure if the problem is because of this payment option, user error, or something else in Zen Cart.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.

26 Aug 2007, 12:56 AM
#8
Kim avatar

Kim

Obaa-san

Join Date:
Jun 2003
Location:
West Coast, North America
Posts:
26,644
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Is the module in the downloads section? Does anyone have the API docs?

28 Aug 2007, 10:39 PM
#9
lloyd_borrett avatar

lloyd_borrett

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Mar 2006
Location:
Rosebud, Victoria, Australia
Posts:
308
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

G'day,

I've packed up and added this National Australia Bank (NAB) payment gateway module to the downloads. See http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&cPath=40_48&products_id=708

Now I'm still running Zen Cart 1.3.5. No changes have been made to this Zen Cart install for many months. Yet over the last month or so we've been getting a number of incomplete orders. The credit card transaction goes through with the bank and we get paid, but we don't get any order in Zen Cart.

I guess it's possible that the bank has made a change to the gateway. But most orders still seem to work.

I guess it's possible our ISP has made some change to PHP/MySQL etc settings.

Or maybe we're just suddenly seeing some intermittent bug/problem in this older revision of Zen Cart.

I'm hoping someone can help us to identify what the problem is.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.

28 Aug 2007, 10:49 PM
#10
lloyd_borrett avatar

lloyd_borrett

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Mar 2006
Location:
Rosebud, Victoria, Australia
Posts:
308
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

G'day,

I just noticed that at some stage the ISP has upgraded us from PHP 4.4.4 to PHP 4.4.7. Could this have introduced some problem?

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.

21 Sep 2007, 1:23 PM
#12
lloyd_borrett avatar

lloyd_borrett

Zen Follower

Join Date:
Mar 2006
Location:
Rosebud, Victoria, Australia
Posts:
308
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

G'day,

I think the system moderators put that warning onto all contributed payment modules.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.

11 Oct 2007, 7:46 AM
#13
quantum avatar

quantum

Zen Follower

Join Date:
May 2005
Posts:
134
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Hello,

This is the first time I have integrated ZenCart with a merchant facility, so it might be I am missing something simple.

I have installed this module, and whether I use the test or live Gateway, I get the same error message:

Error Message

(604) The NSIPS payment page has not loaded due to
a possible mismatch of data submitted. (11/10/07 17:29:11)

The merchant web page Id (64 character unique Id) is either not
active on the system or you are using a test Id in the live environment
(or a live Id in the test environment). Please check the Id carefully
against the Welcome or Now Live e-mail, edit where necessary and
attempt connection again.

Does anyone know why I am getting this? I rang the bank to check the 64 character ID, and they weren't able to help me..

Thanks
Andrew

22 Jan 2008, 12:39 AM
#14
puddle avatar

puddle

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jan 2008
Posts:
4
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

How many people are using this module? anyone had problems?

I have been looking at using eway and online merchant services but if the NAB module is certified and works I will just use that.

Let me know!

Thanks.

Daniel

22 Jan 2008, 12:45 AM
#15
quantum avatar

quantum

Zen Follower

Join Date:
May 2005
Posts:
134
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

My main problem was getting answers out of NAB. Be prepared for the run around, as they couldn't even give me their contact details for the people who manage the merchant options (apparently they outsource this or something).

It got too difficult, and my client just decided to process the transactions manually.

22 Jan 2008, 12:49 AM
#16
puddle avatar

puddle

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jan 2008
Posts:
4
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Thanks for the info!

I noticed NAB actually have a IVR based payment gateway that sounds like any person can use to pay into my account. Sounds like I could just use the old school credit card way in OSC which is email half, store half and then just process them on the IVR myself. a $10c local call is cheaper than some online services like eway!

Eway looks mature, but costs a fair amount. hence the though of the ANZ gateway.

As I dont have a bank account with NAB yet, could always look at other banks.

22 Jan 2008, 12:55 AM
#17
quantum avatar

quantum

Zen Follower

Join Date:
May 2005
Posts:
134
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Good luck, if you find a bank that has decent fees for this, and easy to get the information out of, please let me know. I have tried a few australian banks for this (different zencart clients) and it seems they are much the same in terms of trying to get answers. CBA were quite good, once I managed to get the details of their merchant department, but that took 3 weeks! :)

22 Jan 2008, 12:59 AM
#18
puddle avatar

puddle

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jan 2008
Posts:
4
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

:( really don't want to have to pay a bank AND a provider like eway for transactions... and I DONT want to use paypal!

I will go visit NAB today, I am sure they will have no idea in-branch. I will look into this IVR thing first I think and just offline process cards.

Automated would rock, but if its going to be un-reliable and un-supported by the bank I wont use it.....

22 Jan 2008, 1:24 AM
#19
quantum avatar

quantum

Zen Follower

Join Date:
May 2005
Posts:
134
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

sorry, just to clarify. They outsource it, but in terms of how you pay etc, it is still the bank itself, not a different business. I think they do it that way because it is more specialised.

many people do it all the time, so I assume it is reliable. It is just getting that process working in the first place! And banks, well, they are banks, so I guess you have to expect it.

22 Jan 2008, 2:13 AM
#20
bradelaide avatar

bradelaide

New Zenner

Join Date:
May 2007
Posts:
10
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Puddle,

Reading your posts was like reading my own journal over the past week.

We have also been having fun with NAB about whether we can use the NAB gateway module or not. After many calls and NAB skirting around the subject we finally got an answer from them saying "that as a new merchant customer we could not. This was a service still working for old merchants, but not for new". I know for a fact that it is still working for a few other zenners and working well, however NAB claim that there are some issues and bugs with it. So they now advise all new merchants of the third party gateway providers they recommend. Now it seems interesting to us that if the product has some bugs or is a bit dodgy, that they would allow anyone to continue using it.

I don't want to deviate from the facts of this situation, but I am sure you can read between the lines. I will just say that we also don't know why we should have to pay a 3rd party gateway provider money to do the same transaction that this NAB gateway module seems to offer.

Cheers

Brad