Plugin Contributions

Default admin is blank... but admin/login.php still works... debug=recaptcha issues

Hi,

I have had a blank admin page for awhile now, but fortunately for me, I had already bookmarked a page called admin/login.php?camefrom=... and that's what I've been using to login to my admin area. Very weird.

In terms of debugging info, pretty much all my messages have to do with recaptcha:

[20-Aug-2012 20:45:30] PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/waloraweb007/b2903/moo.ronswebsitecom/zc/secretlogin/includes/functions/extra_functions/recaptcha_functions.php:128) in /hermes/waloraweb007/b2903/moo.ronswebsitecom/zc/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 113
    [20-Aug-2012 20:45:30] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/waloraweb007/b2903/moo.ronswebsitecom/zc/secretlogin/includes/functions/extra_functions/recaptcha_functions.php:128) in /hermes/waloraweb007/b2903/moo.ronswebsitecom/zc/secretlogin/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 28

I can get by with my login.php, but I am moving my files to a new server and something like this worries me because it may be a sign of something fundamentally wrong with my files.

If you have any clue, I'd appreciate your input.

-RON

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin is blank... but admin/login.php still works... debug=recaptcha issues

A quick search in the FAQs for "headers already sent" brings up this article: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...s-already-sent

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin is blank... but admin/login.php still works... debug=recaptcha issues

Thank you so much Dr.

I actually did not do anything to that ReCaptcha file... but I suppose something else was causing interference with it.

Anyway, this is what I did:
    1. Turned off ReCaptcha (Note: you'll have to modify the url, because it's listed as "...configuration.php?33", which leads to store. Copy the url into your address bar and modify it to include 'gID=' -> ...configuration.php?gID=33. You have to do this because this is a bug).

2. Do something about recaptcha_functions.php. I personally just deleted it. Should be safe because it's turned off. I have no clue why it's messing up, but I value my admin logging in rather than a recaptcha plugin, so that's that: reCaptcha plugin sucks and I'll probably be making my own anti-spam thing or using wufoo's forms.

3. Voila! admin/(index.php) works now!

-R

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

I know this thread was started a while ago, but I recently ran into the same problem...

My solution and still able to use the module is:

In the file YOUR-ADMIN/includes/functions/extra_functions/recaptcha_functions.php you will find at the bottom of the file this:

Code:
    if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'index.php')
    {
    	echo $recaptcha->output();
    }
    Just simply comment it out (would not delete, just in case) like so:

Code:
    /*if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'index.php')
    {
    }*/
    I think this tries to load the recaptcha on index.php of admin which is causing the problem.

Hope this helps anyone else.

Jay

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Jay

I installed captcha and got the blank log in page on Ver 1.5.1 and your commenting out the lines in the recaptcha_functions.php worked

Plugin Contributions

Hopefully these last two "comments" have been shared on the google recaptcha forum applicable to the version installed. This sounds like a faulty installation or a bug that hadn't been corrected right away. The command that is omitted essentially says, if a typical store page is being viewed. To output the result of the recaptcha. The initial login page is pretty much the only place in the admin panel at which the indesx.php file is loaded (I thought. Haven't payed a lot of attention to that navigation methodology as I have with the store side.) And so if a recaptcha was used elsewhere in the admin, the action may be to return to login, and one might want to know why that happened.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 4jDesigns View Post
    Hi All,

I know this thread was started a while ago, but I recently ran into the same problem...

My solution and still able to use the module is:

In the file YOUR-ADMIN/includes/functions/extra_functions/recaptcha_functions.php you will find at the bottom of the file this:

Code:
    if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'index.php')
    {
    }
    Just simply comment it out (would not delete, just in case) like so:

Code:
    /*if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'index.php')
    {
    }*/
    I think this tries to load the recaptcha on index.php of admin which is causing the problem.

Hope this helps anyone else.

Jay
    I recently installed the plugin "Contact reCAPTCHA" and encountered this problem with a blank admin page. Did the change noted by 4jDesigns and I got my admin page back.

Another thanks for 4jDesigns!

Note: If you're unable to make code changes and in need of a quick fix to the website through the admin control panel, you can still get to log in page by putting in 'login.php' after your admin URL address (well it worked for us while we were searching for a permanent fix with this problem).

Example URL > website.com/customadminfolder/login.php

Another Note: Currently we're using zc v1.5.1