Page 85 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Sheffield Blue

A couple of things I'm struggling with before I redirect my existing site to the new template. I've already applied the patch

1) The wrapping of the text is a bit unexpected. Ends up taking up lots of screen on the mobile devices I've tried. Also wondering how to all Caps as they are automatically set to lower case Click image for larger version. 

Name:	formated text.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	14375

2) The only search box I have active is sideboxes/search_header.php. I'm seeing a "ghost" search control lower on the page, then when resizing the windows, the search box overlays the other controls Click image for larger version. 

Name:	search1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	14376 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	search2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	14377

3) The folks I've asked to review the new site had nothing but good to say about the desktop look. Its a great upgrade. The only negative feedback, mobile only, was nobody could figure out how to get to the categories until I walked them through menu icon -> shop. Without the explaination all people could see I had was , specials, featured, and new which is a real negative.

I tried adding category to min-width and that solved the question of how to see what we have, but it doesn't collapse so everything that returns is out of view towards the bottom which left folks thinking nothing happened.

Is there a preferred configuration that gets people to the categories and doesn't force updates out of view on the device?

Here is the temp site if it helps on the formatting issue. I'm seeing the search box issue on IE11, wrap exists on mobiles and when making the window narrow on IE11

http://loveofthehorse-001-site3.smarterasp.net/

Thanks in advance for any help

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by loveofthehorse View Post
    1) The wrapping of the text is a bit unexpected. Ends up taking up lots of screen on the mobile devices I've tried. Also wondering how to all Caps as they are automatically set to lower case Click image for larger version. 

Name:	formated text.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	14375
    In your css, change the width of the tagline from 40% to something else that suits you. If its at certain widths, look in the responsive.css and find the media query you want to modify by adding the tagline element with the width you want.

2) The only search box I have active is sideboxes/search_header.php. I'm seeing a "ghost" search control lower on the page, then when resizing the windows, the search box overlays the other controls Click image for larger version. 

Name:	search1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	14376 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	search2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	14377
    Turn off the sidebox for the search since you have the search in the mega menu.

3) The folks I've asked to review the new site had nothing but good to say about the desktop look. Its a great upgrade. The only negative feedback, mobile only, was nobody could figure out how to get to the categories until I walked them through menu icon -> shop. Without the explaination all people could see I had was , specials, featured, and new which is a real negative.

I tried adding category to min-width and that solved the question of how to see what we have, but it doesn't collapse so everything that returns is out of view towards the bottom which left folks thinking nothing happened.

Is there a preferred configuration that gets people to the categories and doesn't force updates out of view on the device?
    Don't quite know what you are asking on this. If you are speaking of the "3 bar icon" that is pretty universal for a menu. If your customer base is older and don't know what that means you can always switch out the menu icon with the word "MENU" instead.

On another note, your site is very slow to load. Don't know if this is a normal thing with the host you are with but if it is switch host.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yaritai View Post
    Don't quite know what you are asking on this. If you are speaking of the "3 bar icon" that is pretty universal for a menu. If your customer base is older and don't know what that means you can always switch out the menu icon with the word "MENU" instead.

• To help "Guide" customers, we changed the color of several buttons/icons to a contrasting color instead of using the default color which blends well with the template. We did fiddle with the MENU button placement, which positioning does vary between browsers.
    • For us, shortening our tagline was a better and easier fix for the wrapping issue than futzing with the code.
    • Also, we modified the Flexible Footer to put an "Alternate Main Menu" button (which is actually a link to sitemap) for those customers using certain Android/browser combinations which do not play nice with the slim menu.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Not to sound glib or anything, but your testers must not be very familiar with visiting ecommerce or other sites on their mobile devices. The 3 bar menu icon is standard and widely used so users do know to click on this icon to get the menu on a mobile. I do not believe this is a problem with the mobile navigation with the template.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne

I have successfully installed 1.5.3 with the Responsive Sheffield Blue template, migrated the Database across and all seems well! I've got some friends/regular customers testing the new site before we officially go live.

old 1.5.1 site = http://www.johnwoodsmotorcare.net/ShopSite/

New 1.5.3 Site = http://www.johnwoodsmotorcare.net/MGParts/

Once again, many thanks for a great template

Mark

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne
    I've spoken too soon! I've just realised that when I actually look at a product the description does not show although it pre-shows in the product category listing?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks. Mark.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Purecarsound View Post
    Hi Anne
    I've spoken too soon! I've just realised that when I actually look at a product the description does not show although it pre-shows in the product category listing?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks. Mark.
    If I may save Anne from repeating herself, there is a patch in this thread to address that issue. It is discussed several times with links. Back to it throughout the forum. Search the thread for patch and should be able to find it. I think it was posted sometime around September 2013.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If I may save Anne from repeating herself, there is a patch in this thread to address that issue. It is discussed several times with links. Back to it throughout the forum. Search the thread for patch and should be able to find it. I think it was posted sometime around September 2013.
    I should have known this from when I first installed a couple of years ago! Thank you for the response

Answer was:-

" in the responsive.css change .content to .content1 on line 304."

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Purecarsound View Post
    I should have known this from when I first installed a couple of years ago! Thank you for the response

Answer was:-

" in the responsive.css change .content to .content1 on line 304."
    I am happy that you figured it out ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Lol, thanks for posting :)

Thanks,

Anne

Page 85 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast