Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default since zencart 1.5 is broken do we have options to downgrade to 1.3?

It appears everyone's zencart 1.5.x isn't fully functional due to PHP Fatal error: 1062

Is there a way to downgrade to a working version of zencart-- like version 1.3.9?

Tom

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: since zencart 1.5 is broken do we have options to downgrade to 1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by tomarriola View Post
    It appears everyone's zencart 1.5.x isn't fully functional due to PHP Fatal error: 1062

Is there a way to downgrade to a working version of zencart-- like version 1.3.9?

Tom
    How did you get to this conclusion ??
    I do not have any problems with 1.5.x

Plugin Contributions

Default "bug" list. View PHP Fatal error: 1062 errors in my /log/ file

I encourage you to look at your log files to see how many customers got a white fatal error screen. I have attached a screen dump of mine.

This is not right.
    Name:  screen.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  46.7 KB

Tom

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: since zencart 1.5 is broken do we have options to downgrade to 1.3?

I have no problems with zencart either. My customers have the problem. Every now and then they get a fatal error screen.

I didn't know this until I ran thru checkout and then I viewed zencart logs to locate the issue. Upon researching it-- I learned the issue is prevalent and not unique to me at all.

Tom

Plugin Contributions

Default Better error screen for PHP Fatal error: 1062

If PHP Fatal error: 1062 is going to persist-- could we get a better error screen than a white screen with fatal error message on it in plain text? Something informative and informational might save sales?

Tom

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What is the answer to PHP Fatal error: 1062:Duplicate entry

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The "fix" in that post deals with sessions, not caching.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well, following the little threads related to this issue some more, it looks like the function sql_cache_store is subject to the same potential race condition as identified in that other post. My apologies for not picking up on the difference of code section(s) between the two. The error message originally reported dealt with sql_cache_store, where the suggested fix was in the sessions file of a different function. That said it appears that the same fix could be applied here if it hasn't already.

Code:
    case 'database':
    $result_serialize = $db->prepare_input(base64_encode(serialize($zf_result_array)));
    $sql = "insert ignore into " . TABLE_DB_CACHE . " (cache_entry_name, cache_data, cache_entry_created) values
      ('" . $zp_cache_name . "', '" . $result_seialize . "', '" . time() . "')";
    $db->Execute($sql);

$sql = "update " . TABLE_DB_CACHE . " set cache_entry_name = '" .$zp_cache_name . "',
         cache_data = '" . $result_seialize . "',
        cache_entry_created = '" . time() . "'";
    $db->Execute($sql);
    return true;
    break;
    With the above code to replace the case statement for database entirely (assuming that I typed it 100% correctly.

Again, sorry for the slight misdirection, though perhaps solved two problems in one thread?! :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I upgraded from 1.3.x to 1.5.3 and now we have the occasional customer every day who gets a white screen at checkout stating there was a fatal error. That usually ends the online purchase process.

We have few mods installed since the upgrade is recent:
    simple analytics, google trusted stores, sitemap xml, rss feed, image handler, fedex, usps and paypal

I see others have the same issue and no where do I see a solution. Surely this is not the accepted state of operation. What can I do to resolve this?

Tom

Code:
    [09-Dec-2014 04:07:50] PHP Fatal error:  1062:Duplicate entry 'zc_d6616cb5f4c2cb55d422ea67feb723b0' for key 'PRIMARY' :: insert into db_cache set cache_entry_name = 'zc_d6616cb5f4c2cb55d422ea67feb723b0',
                                                     cache_data = 'data deleted',
                       cache_entry_created = '1418126870' ==> (as called by) /var/www/html/www.xxx.com/xxx/store/includes/classes/cache.php on line 131 <== in /var/www/html/www.xxx.com/xxx/store/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155
    If your site has a damaged cache system, the first step would be to disable the cache so that the error is not triggered ... until such a time as you can resolve whatever is the root cause unique to your specific site.

In /includes/configure.php simply set this to 'none':
    Code:
     define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, thanks for the information. Obviously this raises the question: what is the permanent caching fix? How does caching even get broken?

Tom

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Obviously this raises the question: what is the permanent caching fix?
    It really depends on what's broken on your site. Hundreds of thousands of sites are running fine.
    How does caching even get broken?
    Hard to say, since I've never had it break on my sites.

This is where I'd recommend you start: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast