Page 76 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Sheffield Blue v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by TamyA View Post
    I have this template installed and the home slider was working, i disabled for awhile and when i tried to enabled today it did not show the slider, it only showed Previous Next play/stop ... see the image below:
    Attachment 16185

and these the banners setting

Banner Display Groups - Rsbslide1 rsbslide1
    Banner Display Groups - Rsbslide2 rsbslide1
    Banner Display Groups - Rsbslide3 rabslide1
    Banner Display Groups - Rsbslide4 rabslide1
    Banner Display Groups - Rsbslide5 rabslide1

The slider is disabled on the site since it is life and it is not working. Any idea where the problem is?
    If you post a link to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

zc 1.5.5 with Responsive Sheffield Blue

I'm having difficulty yet with home page Featured Products tab. Products are in single column and, in Firebug, show no css formatting other than derived from .tab and body. The html code in firebug shows the tab is calling on .panel for css, which I don't see anywhere.

I applied the changes in post #405 by jpda, and also in post #411 followup. Other than those changes, tpl_modules_featured_products, tpl_featured_prodcuts_default, modules/SheffBlue/featured products all show in winmerge as 'same as' to template bundle pkg downloaded. Likewise the stylesheet.

My test site is a new install of zc and of R Sheffield Blue. My test database is import of my livesite zc 154. The template on the livesite is Winchester Black Responsive which uses a quite different Carousel Featured Products.

I wonder if database files from Winchester Black with respect to Featured Products are mucking me about with the Sheffield Blue template.

Anyone know if this might be the case, and if so what I could do in phpMyAdmin or otherwise to un-muck? Or? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post

I'm having difficulty yet with home page Featured Products tab. Products are in single column and, in Firebug, show no css formatting other than derived from .tab and body. The html code in firebug shows the tab is calling on .panel for css, which I don't see anywhere.

I applied the changes in post #405 by jpda, and also in post #411 followup. Other than those changes, tpl_modules_featured_products, tpl_featured_prodcuts_default, modules/SheffBlue/featured products all show in winmerge as 'same as' to template bundle pkg downloaded. Likewise the stylesheet.

My test site is a new install of zc and of R Sheffield Blue. My test database is import of my livesite zc 154. The template on the livesite is Winchester Black Responsive which uses a quite different Carousel Featured Products.

I wonder if database files from Winchester Black with respect to Featured Products are mucking me about with the Sheffield Blue template.

Anyone know if this might be the case, and if so what I could do in phpMyAdmin or otherwise to un-muck? Or? Thanks.

I am wondering if that has to do with the new zen-cart update to 1.5.5 because the Sheffield Blue is compatible with 1.5.4 doesn't say anything about 1.5.5??

Plugin Contributions

If it doesn't say compatible, I would not touch it until updated.

Plugin Contributions

I got it!!!!!! Go to your phpmyadmin and go to the table flexible_footer_menu and edit the code in the field there and paste in the code. When you forst go in it will show the < as lt; and all the special characters all messed up in the code if you paste it on the flexible footer tab in the admin. Here if you put the directly into the database it works fine! Hope this helps everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by MCS_Computers View Post
    I guess you have answered my question, I agree Anne produces some of the best themes around but if I cannot get this resolved it is either find another Social Media Plugin or change theme

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post

OK. I see in includes/modules/sheffield blue/featured products - it says if Carousel Featured Producsts called for then do this...which uses the class 'panel' and its css styling. And it says if not doing that, then...do such and such, which is what Sheffield Blue wants and uses that styling.

In Winchester Black Responsive, the Carousel for Featured Products is used and in the admin/configs there is a heading to turn it on, modify it etc.

Sheffiled Blue Resp doesn't use the Carousel so the options to turn it on/off/modify aren't present on the admin/configs page . But my database which includes my earlier Winchester Black stuff has the options config, and its turned on because that's what I did in the Winchester template.

Solution: in phpMyAdmin, find in zen configuration: Carousel Featured Products and edit from 'true' to 'false'.

(yay)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Sheffield Blue V 2.0!

Miscreant Social Links dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MCS_Computers View Post
    No Different I`m afraid Anne
    My links were fine. I decided to add an extra link....all the social links went to code-y text. I removed the new link. Muckity. I checked the code. OK. I backed up and got out of my test store and loaded a previous backup. Muckity! Cleared the cache. Yelled at the dog....

I took a look at the source code of the page - and copied that bit of code into my Notepadkii. When I double checked to make sure was in html (most of the zen files I fiddle with are php) this is what it looked like:
    Code:
    ...&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.facebook.com/dougxxxx9&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;i class=&quot;fa fa-facebook&quot;&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://twitter.com/dbxxxxxd&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;i class=&quot;.....
    Since the code was bungled in a previous backup that had been fine I knew it must be database related. So I went into phpMyAdmin. After making a backup, I looked up zen_flexible_footer_menu. and looked down at the row with no page title under the row that has the col_header Share and Connect. In the column col_html_text I could see the text I was looking for and it was garbled as above. I double clicked the text to expand it and deleted it all. I opened a previous backup of my database, copied the un-mucked text, pasted it into my Notepadii page set for html - then copied it from there into the space I had just deleted from my current database.

It works.

I tried to do the same thing going via the tools/flexible_menu in my admin panel - first I tried copying the text out of my database - this didn't work - it brought back the gobbelty good. Then I tried copying the text from my Notepadii html page - also didn't work - it seems hitting the update button makes it go whack.

I tried both ways several times - each time it worked via the phpMyAdmin route and each time it failed via the admin/tools/ route.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by foilman View Post
    I got it!!!!!! Go to your phpmyadmin and go to the table flexible_footer_menu and edit the code in the field there and paste in the code. When you forst go in it will show the < as lt; and all the special characters all messed up in the code if you paste it on the flexible footer tab in the admin. Here if you put the directly into the database it works fine! Hope this helps everyone!!
    My goodness give yourself a pat on the back, did what you said and VOILA all is back working fine. Many Thanks :)

Plugin Contributions

Just an update, went into Footer via admin and changed the URLS to match my own details and it went wrong again. Had to go back to PHP MY ADMIN and do it there for it to work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    If you post a link to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

The links is discounthomeoffice dot com.
    The slider is disabled since it is not working.