Zen Cart Logo
Forums / All Other Contributions/Addons / Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Views: 5,547

Results 1 to 20 of 55
17 Apr 2016, 5:48 PM
#1
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Ok, when I share my main page which is http://www.morrisgiftshop.biz/index.php I am not sure its the coding on the site or is it Facebook itself.
I wonder why isn't it giving my Website Name.

Right now its show this:
Attachment 16229

But its suppose to be like this:
Attachment 16230

Is there something in the PHP coding that causes this?

18 Apr 2016, 9:57 AM
#2
mc12345678 avatar

mc12345678

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jul 2012
Posts:
16,908
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

This looks like possibly the meta tags are not populated to provide the information sought/expected. I haven't been able to reference/cross-reference those tags on your site with another and where they place such information on facebook. When posting the web-address to facebook, where are you expecting to see that information? I looked at a facebook page that has used a website address in a post with a picture and didn't see any additional information making offering assistance difficult.

ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
Contribution for contributions welcome...

18 Apr 2016, 11:32 PM
#3
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Ok, what I am looking for is an add on that you can share your product(s) on Facebook. Here is a image of my products in the Admin area.
On the right you can the buttons for "Edit, Copy, Move, etc.) it would be nice to have a button for Facebook you can share that product to Facebook. When you click on that button a Facebook sharer pops up and it drop down menu comes up of what Groups, your business page you what to share. I hope someone understand what I am looking for.
Attachment 16233

19 Apr 2016, 9:52 PM
#4
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Another issue sharing an item to to Facebook. When sharing an item on Facebook it doesn't show the actual image of the product it shows something else. Is this an Facebook coding or what?

19 Apr 2016, 10:06 PM
#5
mc12345678 avatar

mc12345678

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jul 2012
Posts:
16,908
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

wmorris:

Another issue sharing an item to to Facebook. When sharing an item on Facebook it doesn't show the actual image of the product it shows something else. Is this an Facebook coding or what?

Facebook pulls photos from the page, there is usually an arrow to select the next photo until the desired is presented.

ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
Contribution for contributions welcome...

19 Apr 2016, 10:08 PM
#6
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

mc12345678:

Facebook pulls photos from the page, there is usually an arrow to select the next photo until the desired is presented.

It doesn't give me that options on my personal profile or groups.

19 Apr 2016, 10:31 PM
#7
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

This use to be my old server I used. This was the backend of the site using there Site Manager and still kind of active. On the image can you tell on the right you can see edit and Facebook. When you click on Facebook it will pop up to share that product to Facebook without going to the main website to share your product. It would be nice if there is an module can do this.
Attachment 16238

19 Apr 2016, 11:17 PM
#8
mc12345678 avatar

mc12345678

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jul 2012
Posts:
16,908
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Hmmm. Maybe I should have said it used to offer that/other options. Looking over one facebook page it appears that there have been some significant changes made, though I'm also accessing from a different device than I had previously been using.

ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
Contribution for contributions welcome...

19 Apr 2016, 11:20 PM
#9
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

mc12345678:

Hmmm. Maybe I should have said it used to offer that/other options. Looking over one facebook page it appears that there have been some significant changes made, though I'm also accessing from a different device than I had previously been using.

Also I am requesting an Facebook Product Sharer in the Admin. Here is the request post.
https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?220002-Is-there-a-Facebook-Sharer-Module-for-Admin&p=1308920#post1308920

20 Apr 2016, 3:53 AM
#10
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

I am currently working on a Facebook Sharer for the products in the Categories/Products I have download the Zen Bookmarking Widget (Social Networking) I have copied this code and do a little modify on (admin/includes/categories_product_listings.php I am trying to put the small Facebook icon next to the edit icon. I am not sure that I got the code right or not.

<?php echo '<a href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=<?php echo urlencode(zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page((int)$_GET['products_id']),'cPath='.(int)$_GET['cPath'].'&products_id=' . (int)$_GET['products_id'])); ?>&t=<?php echo $products_name; ?>" rel='external nofollow' target='_blank' >' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'facebookicon-small.png', ICON_FACEBOOK) . '</a>; ?>
20 Apr 2016, 4:45 AM
#11
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Currently I am working on an add-on for the first time. What I am trying to do is adding a icon in the Categories/Product Listing in the Admin next to the left of the edit icon with (f) for Facebook. When you click on that icon for that product you can share that product on Facebook instead using the main root product pages. What I did is downloaded an add-on "Zen-Bookmarkinging Wedget" its a Facebook Product Sharer for the main root of the website. I am using his/her code and change it up a little:

The file I was trying to put in is admin/includes/modules/categories_product_listings.php I am not sure this is correct.

<?php echo '<a href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=<?php echo urlencode(zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page((int)$_GET['products_id']),'cPath='.(int)$_GET['cPath'].'&products_id=' . (int)$_GET['products_id'])); ?>&t=<?php echo $products_name; ?>" rel='external nofollow' target='_blank' >' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'facebookicon-small.png', ICON_FACEBOOK) . '</a>; ?>
20 Apr 2016, 2:36 PM
#12
rixstix avatar

rixstix

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2009
Location:
North Idaho, USA
Posts:
2,015
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

wmorris:

Another issue sharing an item to to Facebook. When sharing an item on Facebook it doesn't show the actual image of the product it shows something else. Is this an Facebook coding or what?

Isn't this a more of a functionality of facebook og code requirements?

Rick
RixStix (dot) com
aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

20 Apr 2016, 6:39 PM
#13
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Well I was able to get the icon the way I want it. Here is the image:
I am having trouble getting it linked right.

What I did is copied this:

<?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link($type_handler, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&product_type=' . $products->fields['products_type'] . '&pID=' . $products->fields['products_id']  . '&action=new_product' . (isset($_GET['search']) ? '&search=' . $_GET['search'] : '')) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_edit.gif', ICON_EDIT) . '</a>'; ?>

to

<?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link($type_handler, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&product_type=' . $products->fields['products_type'] . '&pID=' . $products->fields['products_id']  . '&action=new_product' . (isset($_GET['search']) ? '&search=' . $_GET['search'] : '')) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'facebookicon-small.png', ICON_FACEBOOK_SHARE) . '</a>'; ?>

Then I paste the second code above the first code. Now I am trying to get code right where it share it on Facebook.
Attachment 16241

22 Apr 2016, 1:14 AM
#14
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Ok, so far I have over 100 products and every time I share different ones I keep getting this? So if you go to my website for an example at:

http://www.morrisgiftshop.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_19&products_id=113

and I share this product to Facebook I got this:
Attachment 16247

Why is it doing this on Facebook?

and this:

22 Apr 2016, 5:06 AM
#15
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

I am requesting an addon about Sharing your product to Facebook using the Admin area. I have image what it would look like. You can see the black image left side of the edit button. That will Facebook Sharer. Right now I am having trouble coming up with a php/link to able to share it to Facebook. I hope someone help get started.

Here is a code started out with.

<?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link($type_handler, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&product_type=' . $products->fields['products_type'] . '&pID=' . $products->fields['products_id']  . '&action=new_product' . (isset($_GET['search']) ? '&search=' . $_GET['search'] : '')) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'facebookicon-small.png', ICON_FACEBOOK_SHARE) . '</a>'; ?>

Attachment 16248

26 Apr 2016, 7:27 PM
#16
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Why is Facebook pulling a different image instead of the product image when I share it on Facebook?

27 Apr 2016, 10:57 AM
#17
mc12345678 avatar

mc12345678

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jul 2012
Posts:
16,908
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

My guess as I think minorly referenced above is it has to do with the applicable tags and/or potential html validation. In researching things facebook, came across the open graph markup, see: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/webmasters#markup

ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
Contribution for contributions welcome...

27 Apr 2016, 2:22 PM
#18
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

mc12345678:

My guess as I think minorly referenced above is it has to do with the applicable tags and/or potential html validation. In researching things facebook, came across the open graph markup, see: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/webmasters#markup

Ok, I did installed this "Facebook OG" aka Open Graph here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1820

You can take a look at the image here:

http://morrisgiftshop.biz/images/image1.png

Do I need to configure the image in that configuration?

27 Apr 2016, 3:21 PM
#19
mc12345678 avatar

mc12345678

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jul 2012
Posts:
16,908
Plugin Contributions:
2

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Well, supposedly, that code will provide the markup (meta tags) necessary for facebook to recognize all of the "important" details. From the referenced download location, should also install the css js loader (mind you make a backup of the database and store files before installing that as it makes significant changes to admin and potentially store side.) undoing those changes is difficult without a backup.

A lot of what those files in the opengraph download can be implemented without the plugin by incorporating into the applicable header file.

ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
Contribution for contributions welcome...

27 Apr 2016, 5:24 PM
#20
wmorris avatar

wmorris

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
Amarillo, Tx
Posts:
1,683
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Requesting an Product Share to Facebook in Admin Area....

Ok, I have installed CSS JS Loader because its require for Facebook Open Graph then When I share a product to Facebook I got NO image when sharing.
Here is a link to an image to see what I am talking about.

http://www.morrisgiftshop.biz/images/fbimage.png