Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ask A Question

Can't find a tpl_product_listing_default in version 1.55a

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mespe View Post
    Can't find a tpl_product_listing_default in version 1.55a
    Sorry, should have properly looked it up. The night before writing that I had been working on a similar file, anyways, tpl_index_product_list.php but also be prepared to dig in a little. There's a tpl_module related file referenced in that file.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I have installed this plugin on my store. When someone clicks on the Ask a question button, the site takes them to the Contact US form instead of the usual ask a question form. This means that the product title and URL as lost in the message. Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or have a solution? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by utefan View Post
    I have installed this plugin on my store. When someone clicks on the Ask a question button, the site takes them to the Contact US form instead of the usual ask a question form. This means that the product title and URL as lost in the message. Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or have a solution? Thank you.
    Are you sure that the destination page is truly the contact us page and not the look-a-like that is provided in the plugin? What are the parameters on the URL (following index.php) for the destination? Even more helpful would be to provide a link to the site where this is occurring. If installed as identified in the README.txt file, then the page is expected to look similar to the standard ZC contact us page, but will have additional data associated with the specific product in question.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Are you sure that the destination page is truly the contact us page and not the look-a-like that is provided in the plugin? What are the parameters on the URL (following index.php) for the destination? Even more helpful would be to provide a link to the site where this is occurring. If installed as identified in the README.txt file, then the page is expected to look similar to the standard ZC contact us page, but will have additional data associated with the specific product in question.
    The destination page is index.php?main_page=contact_us. Here is a sample page:

http://www.biker-direct.com/engine-p...hrod-cover-set

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Strange. I inspected the link on that page and it doesn't show going to the contact us form, but then it does. I wonder if this issue has something to do with the CEON URI Mapping plugin.

Plugin Contributions

Strange. I inspected the link on that page and it doesn't show going to the contact us form, but then it does. I wonder if this issue has something to do with the CEON URI Mapping plugin.
    That would be my guess. I did a local search of a site with that plugin and did not find any hard code that would redirect ask_a_question to contact_us and as far as a base installation of that plugin it doesn't provide any such entries into the ceon_uri_mappings table. Would suggest looking there if you have access to phpmyadmin.

Though that too seems weird, because it should otherwise show a renamed uri if it was in the database.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 5 Aug 2016 at 08:25 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, I checked the URI table and no re-directs there. I also tried re-installing the plugni and no change. A very strange issue. Nothing in the .htaccess files either. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

In case anyone else runs into this contact us redirection issue, here is the solution. The problem is appears as soon as an SSL cert is installed on the site. In order to fix this issue, you need to go to public_html/includes/templates/yourtemplate/templates/tpl_product_info_display. In that file, you will find a section of code related to the Ask a Question mod. Make sure the URL is being generated using SSL. That will resolve the issue.
    Last edited by utefan; 5 Oct 2016 at 07:13 AM.

Plugin Contributions

In case anyone else runs into this contact us redirection issue, here is the solution. The problem is appears as soon as an SSL cert is installed on the site. In order to fix this issue, you need to go to public_html/includes/templates/yourtemplate/templates/tpl_product_info_display. In that file, you will find a section of code related to the Ask a Question mod. Make sure the URL is being generated using SSL. That will resolve the issue.
    several months later and I ran into this problem. Thanks for posting the fix.

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast