Page 24 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

I am currently test Zen Cart 1.5.5a. It is a fresh installation. The template has not been changed.
    As soon as the navigation display (page 1,2,3,...) in the product listing is shown, it overlaps with the "Add selected to cart"-button and the headline for the product list. The navigation block is also to be indented to the left.
    I would like to remove the overlapping, but do not want to break the responsive design.
    Name:  nav.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  10.9 KB

Plugin Contributions

I am helping someone with their site. The FREE SHIPPING ON DOMESTIC ORDERS OVER $50 above main center column shows very scrunched and boxy when in mobile view. Is there any way we can resize this for just mobile view or even turn it off? They have this hard coded into tpl_header.php which works fine on desktop but not for mobile view. I removed the styles they had directly in the html for the header and moved it over to the stylesheets but the mobile end is giving us a real issue. This is a custom version of 1.5.5 responsive default template that the person did
    http://gypsyrosalie.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by todoonada View Post
    I am currently test Zen Cart 1.5.5a. It is a fresh installation. The template has not been changed.
    As soon as the navigation display (page 1,2,3,...) in the product listing is shown, it overlaps with the "Add selected to cart"-button and the headline for the product list. The navigation block is also to be indented to the left.
    I would like to remove the overlapping, but do not want to break the responsive design.
    Name:  nav.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  10.9 KB
    You might want to first clone the responsive_classic with lat9's Clone a Template. Then you'll have a copy you can play with and one to fall back on.
    Next, take a look at the demo at http://netzencommerce.com/index.php?...index&cPath=22. Check to see if this is a fix for you. If so, you can use the mod in my sig to accomplish that look. We incorporated several "adjustments" into the color changing Mod.

BTW, the current mod has the wrong color template for the instructions. Version 1.1a is available now at http://netzencommerce.com/downloads/...anges-1.1a.zip. New version submitted for Plugins and available soon.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! It looks fine now.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic Slideshow?

I'm using Zen-Cart 1.5.5 with the Responsive Classic template. I'm wondering if there's a slideshow that works with this template, as well as this version of Zen-Cart? Thank you. I suppose there's a discussion about this somewhere but I can't find it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by daffy View Post
    I'm using Zen-Cart 1.5.5 with the Responsive Classic template. I'm wondering if there's a slideshow that works with this template, as well as this version of Zen-Cart? Thank you. I suppose there's a discussion about this somewhere but I can't find it.
    Sometimes the search function of this forum can be "finicky" to say the least. Try a google search for zen cart slideshow. Lots of hits.

Plugin Contributions

clean install of ZC 1.55
    installed addons: column layout grid 2.3.1, 155a color changes 1.1

new zencart user here, have been through the process of setting up store a couple times in the past few years but never committing and actually populating the store and using it. finally changing that. have the desktop views mostly taken care of and how I'd like them but having trouble sorting out what should be a really easy problem with the mobile layout.

as it is now when viewing the mobile layout it stretches to an obscene size of grey space to the side, and both the home / login header links overlap logo image, the top left slideout menu is also overlapped and hidden over the top of the logo image. somewhere in my css sheets changing colors the pull down menu color has also been made black - and thus invisible.

I've played around with web developer tools to view responsive views as well as a few android phones and no matter what I can not get anything to look / function better.

Ideally when the store is pulled up from a mobile store I'd like the following to on the very top:

[############main logo######################]
    Left side mobile-menu slideout.######right side login / home
    [ small editable introduction blurb#search box to search store ]
    [#######default main product category listing#########]
    [#############item 1 from category#############]
    [#############item 2 from category#############]

I've tried searching for every combination of search terms I can think of 10 times over on the forums and have made zero progress on this. as of now i'd take anything so long as you can view the menu on mobile. as it is now people are generally stuck in the default category on front page (another small problem is where would I define the mobile menu text/link colors just for the mobile layout? (its highly unreadable)

http://headfirstrecords.com/store/

any/all help appreciated and I can follow directions with no worries.

Plugin Contributions

riveraXVX,
    It appears that you have fallen into what I call "the newbie trap". I'll explain my reasoning.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5b is "ready to sell" right out of the box. One might not like the colors. I would prefer the add to cart button to appear after the description and don't think the logo should appear on mobile phones (usually so large that they throw the "good stuff" below the fold). But, one can load the cart, add products, and start selling almost immediately. Shipping and Payment adjustments are really all that's needed to sell.
    The newbie trap rears it's ugly head when we decide that we need to "fix/adjust" the cart before selling. Simple adjustments morph into multiple changes into major revisions with still no cart ready to sell. Not only that, it often winds up with so many "workarounds" that it's almost impossible to recover from. Something that is controlled through the admin gets "fixed" in a file then turned off in the css,...
    Looking at your stylesheets, there are few that you have not modified extensively. Although not listed in your post, you have some version of image handler installed that may be causing problems if it is not the current version.
    You have errors associated with the images showing on the home page in that an extra class is added to the code. You can use W3C Validator to check those.
    You've also overwritten the responsive_classic template with all your changes. It would have been better to use lat9's clone a template prior to making changes. You could clone the responsive_classic to headfirst and make you changes there.
    It appears you are not up and selling elsewhere while you get this going. Here are my suggestions for having something online quickly:
    1. Start by getting the original responsive_classic template back into the store.
    2. Check the functionality of the store. Can you sell product from there? Do you still have errors on the home page with the images? Is Image Handler still creating a problem?
    3. Fix any functionality that is not working.
    4. If the functionality is working, go to https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2087 and download the clone mod. Create a clone of the responsive_classic. Call it something like headfirst.
    5. Use the headfirst template to insert the 1.5.5 color changes mod. The latest changes are at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2088.
    6. Make page changes gradually and check ALL functionality before heading to something else.
    7. If you run into problems, be sure to post in a thread that most closely fits where you were having the problem. If no thread exists, create a new one. Once you move away from the responsive_classic template, the questions are best answered elsewhere.

It looks to me like you took a shotgun and fired at a gnat. Time to regroup, rebuild the target, and forge on.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    riveraXVX,
    It appears that you have fallen into what I call "the newbie trap". I'll explain my reasoning.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5b is "ready to sell" right out of the box. One might not like the colors. I would prefer the add to cart button to appear after the description and don't think the logo should appear on mobile phones (usually so large that they throw the "good stuff" below the fold). But, one can load the cart, add products, and start selling almost immediately. Shipping and Payment adjustments are really all that's needed to sell.
    The newbie trap rears it's ugly head when we decide that we need to "fix/adjust" the cart before selling. Simple adjustments morph into multiple changes into major revisions with still no cart ready to sell. Not only that, it often winds up with so many "workarounds" that it's almost impossible to recover from. Something that is controlled through the admin gets "fixed" in a file then turned off in the css,...
    Looking at your stylesheets, there are few that you have not modified extensively. Although not listed in your post, you have some version of image handler installed that may be causing problems if it is not the current version.
    You have errors associated with the images showing on the home page in that an extra class is added to the code. You can use W3C Validator to check those.
    You've also overwritten the responsive_classic template with all your changes. It would have been better to use lat9's clone a template prior to making changes. You could clone the responsive_classic to headfirst and make you changes there.
    It appears you are not up and selling elsewhere while you get this going. Here are my suggestions for having something online quickly:
    1. Start by getting the original responsive_classic template back into the store.
    2. Check the functionality of the store. Can you sell product from there? Do you still have errors on the home page with the images? Is Image Handler still creating a problem?
    3. Fix any functionality that is not working.
    4. If the functionality is working, go to https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2087 and download the clone mod. Create a clone of the responsive_classic. Call it something like headfirst.
    5. Use the headfirst template to insert the 1.5.5 color changes mod. The latest changes are at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2088.
    6. Make page changes gradually and check ALL functionality before heading to something else.
    7. If you run into problems, be sure to post in a thread that most closely fits where you were having the problem. If no thread exists, create a new one. Once you move away from the responsive_classic template, the questions are best answered elsewhere.

It looks to me like you took a shotgun and fired at a gnat. Time to regroup, rebuild the target, and forge on.
    I appreciate the steps, my previous clean install I used the lat9 clone mod and for some reason had difficulties working properly so ended up abandoning it all and starting over and worked straight off the classic template the next go around. I was able to work through most of my issues since my last post. but yeah I jumped the gun a....bit to say the least haha

I'll probably end up having to start back over another time to do it cleanly and properly in a way that updates won't ruin it ;x back to the drawing board!

Plugin Contributions

The site I am working on was upgraded to 1.5.5. When trying to have the Home and Login Links not show in mobile view it also deletes it from the desktop. Any ideas how we can fix this issue? The other issue is also with mobile view. The search box in the mobile menu is showing up with the input box to the far right and the submit button centered underneath. We want the input box also centered. have tried reworking in the css but nothing seems to change it. I am sure it is something I am just simply missing.
    Thanks for any help.
    The site is located at http://gypsyrosalie.com

Page 24 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast