Thread: hideCategories

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: hideCategories

I was having the same trouble of the products of select categories showing up in the search and the includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_results/header_php.php not working. I found a solution. I stated a test area to work in with zen-cart 1.5.4 and only installed the hidecategories plugin and kept with the original header_php.php don't us the one that come with it and edit it. In another part of the forums someone named Jammin320 said "For me, the category ID that I want to hide is number 20. That number will be different for you"
    Change header_php.php line 249 from: AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id ";
    To: AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id
    AND p.master_categories_id != '20' ";

save and publish, totally works

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Tadj Hemingway View Post
    I was having the same trouble of the products of select categories showing up in the search and the includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_results/header_php.php not working. I found a solution. I stated a test area to work in with zen-cart 1.5.4 and only installed the hidecategories plugin and kept with the original header_php.php don't us the one that come with it and edit it. In another part of the forums someone named Jammin320 said "For me, the category ID that I want to hide is number 20. That number will be different for you"
    Change header_php.php line 249 from: AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id ";
    To: AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id
    AND p.master_categories_id != '20' ";

save and publish, totally works
    Great!

I don't know if your solution will only apply to 1.5.5 but for me, using 1.5.4 I just substituted the file with the original one from the pack, and search is now working and doesn't come up with the hidden categories results.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Just patching the plugin into my site, a major upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.5.5d.

Supposedly only one file in the /includes... folder is to be edited...

includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header.php - No problem with that.

Then came on this one...

includes/classes/sitemap.php which appears to have a small patch that's not flagged but seems to refer to Hide Categories, thus:-

from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c LEFT JOIN "
    . TABLE_HIDE_CATEGORIES . " h ON (c.categories_id = h.categories_id), "
    . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd
    where (h.visibility_status < 2 OR h.visibility_status IS NULL)
    and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id

So, patch or not? Any suggestions welcome.
    "Why dumb down when we can rise up?" Worldmaker / BonDevZone Store

Plugin Contributions

If you are upgrading and did your backup/restore of database, you don't need to run again the patch.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Download page says this works on version 1.5.5 - I am using ZenCart 1.5.5d - Does That Matter?

This appears to be a great contribution at first glance, but I am thoroughly getting frustrated with it. All seems to be fine until I upload this file to my webserver: includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php. After this file is loaded all of the content below the header and logo area disappears. Merging files together does not help to alleviate this problem either. Can someone please help me figure out why it is doing this? Also, if it helps, I am using a modified version of responsive_classic. Is the responsive part throwing a stick in the spokes or is it something else? Admin function appears to work fine, it's just the front end that appears to be jacked up. Thanks for helping in advance.

Plugins Installed...

• About Us Page
    • ckeditor-for-zencart
    • Frontpage_Slideshow.v2.0.3
    • FAQ_Manager_2.3
    • Ceon-URI-Mapping-4.5.2
    • Simplified Social Share
    • backup_mysql_plugin_v5
    • simplified-social-share
    • Ultimate Slideshow 2.6.1

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ehswift View Post
    Download page says this works on version 1.5.5 - I am using ZenCart 1.5.5d - Does That Matter?
    No, it doesn't usually matter which "letter".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ehswift View Post
    All seems to be fine until I upload this file to my webserver: includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php. After this file is loaded all of the content below the header and logo area disappears.
    You said most of the page "disappears". That sounds a lot like: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page ... so, what errors are being recorded in the logs folder?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi. I noticed when I have sub categories in a hidden category, they show up in the left menu when I'm in the main category. This is good for me, but is there a way to show the main category too once you're in it? Just having the subcategories listed on the left is confusing because they're not connected to a main category heading. So some kind of "hidden until entered" coding?

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: hideCategories

admin/categories.php

The most recent version of this addon still contains the line ;

Code:
      require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'prod_cat_header_code.php');
    I don't think recent versions (>= 1.5.6) of Zen have that file.

Attached is a version of categories.php that is working for me at the moment. Just a hacked together version of previous code in a way that doesn't conflict. Still developing the site so I guess I may come up with other glitches.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Site url is pfcind.com, 1.5.6c, plugins are lightbox, easy populate, Newsbox Manager. Testimonials Manager, php 7.2,

This is my first post and I sincerely apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere, I have searched and have not been able to find anything that specifically addresses this question.

I would like to know if there is a "built in" function to hide ezpages unless authorized to login?

With respect to Customer Details under the View Shop and Prices along with Authorization Pending: 2= May browse but no prices unless logged in & 2= May browse but no prices unless Authorized.

As a result customers must login to view prices and must be authorized to view those prices. I would like to have content exclusive to authorized customers only.

Again, I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere but I cannot locate. I greatly appreciate your help.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast