Plugin Contributions

Default Discounts queery...

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

Hello,
    I have two options here...
    - Money off when purchasing multiples (Admin -> Catalog -> Products Price Manager.)
    - Zencart quantity discounts addon to offer the discount off the total in cart.

What I would like is to offer the discount at the end in the cart, when they spend a certain amount. However they need to order 10 of each item. So kind of a combo of both?

I have the quantity discount addon installed so that it applies the discount at the amount. Is there a way that I can add in that they need a minimum of 10 of each item as well?

THank you
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discounts queery...

If the add on in question is the one available from: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=135

Then suggest searching the associated forum and if not able to find the answer, asking the question there. That way those familiar with the software would be able to chime in and others using it may be able to reproduce the idea at some point in the future.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I would also like to know though, is there a way of doing these two things together? Without that addon. I just mention i have it installed as I thought it was what I needed but it can't do both.

Is there a mod or a way of doing both.

THank you
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow_pixie_star View Post
    Hello,
    I would also like to know though, is there a way of doing these two things together? Without that addon. I just mention i have it installed as I thought it was what I needed but it can't do both.

Is there a mod or a way of doing both.

THank you
    Amy
    There's obviously a lot that I don't know so am comfortable with saying that I don't know of an existing free module that does both, nor so specific that no matter what unique item is in the cart, that there need be a minimum quantity of each item in order to receive the discount. That said, I don't see why it couldn't be done with additional code to evaluate the contents of the cart and then determine if the module should be active. There certainly are things to consider (attributes for example and mix of product), then conditions such as available stock quantities, max number of product, etc... But, on the surface, yeah should be possible to do.

Plugin Contributions

It does sound like it could get very confusing, especially with the atributes as well!
    I will look on the forum for that addon and will have another look around to see if anyone knows of some way of doing both of these together.

Thank you
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

See PM.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow_pixie_star View Post
    It does sound like it could get very confusing, especially with the atributes as well!
    I will look on the forum for that addon and will have another look around to see if anyone knows of some way of doing both of these together.

Thank you
    Amy
    Only as confusing as one makes it. Ie. A store that doesn't use attributes could have this code modification made lickety split. It's all about the planning and current/future use consideration, but always remember that your goal should be about getting something out there that makes money.