Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple images for product

MUST be able to store them correctly.

All my images are in the correct folder structure on server. Is there any way I can associate these with products 'in bulk' rather than one at a time?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    MUST be able to store them correctly.

All my images are in the correct folder structure on server. Is there any way I can associate these with products 'in bulk' rather than one at a time?
    As noted previously the image is stored on the server in what is defined as your images folder. IH should respect storage in whatever sub-folder is selected when adding the image such that if you upload a new image, refresh your ftp viewer it should appear in the directory selected from within IH.

Then, and there was a brief time when IH operated differently, when the image is requested from the catalog side IH looks up that path, performs a manipulation on the path and image name, checks for the existence of the path in the bmz_cache directory and if not found, creates the "compressed" image. Doing this offers a relatively unique designation so that duplicates are highly unlikely and the customer is served the optimized image.

Now, at one point, the "hashing" was disabled and instead of the image path being a jumble of characters, the path originally provided was used from within the bmz_cache directory. If not mistaken that is something that can be "easily" implemented as discussed at least in the IH4 forum.

If though IH is not storing the image in the desired/designated original directory then that is an issue that needs to be raised in the applicable forum thread. To determine where the image should be found, navigate to the product's information page in the admin. Where the image can be uploaded, the existing path of the image should be provided. This *should* be the location that was selected when originally uploading the image through the IH manager...

I will note, that the path I attempted to use yesterday to reach the image related to the product of this thread, I have been denied access with a 403 error. So I don't know what changed, but I can no longer get to the original image path as presented in post #11.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Appreciate the reply - my problem is that however I try and define the directory in IH it never goes where I want it!! It seems to load the image from the bmz_cache file instead of the Images sub-directory

Is it possible to define here what image handler settings needed to place an image in eg Images/Fashion/Sundry /Donna etc ?

Which is the best IH forum to answer this....presumably they have some ZC knowledge?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Appreciate the reply - my problem is that however I try and define the directory in IH it never goes where I want it!! It seems to load the image from the bmz_cache file instead of the Images sub-directory

Is it possible to define here what image handler settings needed to place an image in eg Images/Fashion/Sundry /Donna etc ?

Which is the best IH forum to answer this....presumably they have some ZC knowledge?
    I think that there is confusion between file placement and how the image is accessed by a visitor.

The file is placed in the images directory, the customer sees an optimized view of that file where the optimized image is placed in the bmz_cache folder following whatever naming convention IH is setup to use.

The appropriate forum depends on what version you have installed. I haven't gone back through this thread to identify, but there is a forum thread for IH2, IH3, IH4 and IH5. The forum thread can be reached by going to the plugin download area and referencing the forum thread from there.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...