Page 35 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template [Support Thread]

Localhost install of new ZC 157b. No other addons. Just installed the 3.1.0 over the 3.0.0. The change seem to break the product list layout such that the product contents has collapsed down leaving the images outside of the layout box.
    Name:  example.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  14.3 KB
    Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want…

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kwright View Post
    Localhost install of new ZC 157b. No other addons. Just installed the 3.1.0 over the 3.0.0. The change seem to break the product list layout such that the product contents has collapsed down leaving the images outside of the layout box.
    Name:  example.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  14.3 KB
    Sure enough; let me see what the heck is going on.

Plugin Contributions

@kwright, what is your setting for Configuration :: Product Listing :: Columns per row? I'm guessing that it's 3; does the page render correctly if you change that to 0?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @kwright, what is your setting for Configuration :: Product Listing :: Columns per row? I'm guessing that it's 3; does the page render correctly if you change that to 0?
    Yup, that was it. Easy fix, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kwright View Post
    Yup, that was it. Easy fix, thanks!
    Thanks for the report and the follow-up. I'll create an issue on the template's GitHub repository to see why that setting causes that anomalous display.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the report and the follow-up. I'll create an issue on the template's GitHub repository to see why that setting causes that anomalous display.
    Here's how it works:
    0 = use bootstrap css rules
    1 = display rows
    2 or higher = force into X number of columns by manually calculating a percentage ... which cannot possibly take into account all the other bootstrap css such as for images etc.

So, simple solution: use 0 with the bootstrap template.

Technical:
    0 = it outputs all the products as individual cards so bootstrap can style them
    2+ = it forces the percentage width and injects a new wrapping div around each group, so that the number is forced upon the browser even if the browser size is wrong

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Here's how it works:
    1 = display rows
    2 or higher = force into X number of columns by manually calculating a percentage ... which cannot possibly take into account all the other bootstrap css such as for images etc.

Technical:
    2+ = it forces the percentage width and injects a new wrapping div around each group, so that the number is forced upon the browser even if the browser size is wrong
    Thanks for that @DrByte; I'll use that GitHub issue to update the template's documentation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Here's how it works:
    1 = display rows

Technical:
    What if I want to use more than the "standard" 3 columns?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by keneso View Post
    What if I want to use more than the "standard" 3 columns?
    If you don't like the number of columns used by default for the fluid layout, you can customize them around line 182:
    Code:
            // set css classes for "row" wrapper, to allow for fluid grouping of cells based on viewport
            // these defaults are based on Bootstrap4, but can be customized to suit your own framework
            if ($product_listing_layout_style === 'fluid') {
                $grid_cards_classes = 'row-cols-1 row-cols-md-2 row-cols-lg-2 row-cols-xl-3';
                // this array is intentionally in reverse order, with largest index first
                $grid_classes_matrix = [
                    '10' => 'row-cols-1 row-cols-md-2 row-cols-lg-4 row-cols-xl-5',
                    '8' => 'row-cols-1 row-cols-md-2 row-cols-lg-3 row-cols-xl-4',
                    '6' => 'row-cols-1 row-cols-md-2 row-cols-lg-2 row-cols-xl-3',
                ];

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm really liking this template, really appreciate all of the work and support the author and supporters have put into this template! Like working with the Bootstrap framework as well.

I'm migrating away from the Winchester Responsive template to the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template, I would like incorporate/replicate some of the key features that I really like from the Winchester Responsive template.

My top 3:
    Header Dropdown Responsive Slim Menu
    Responsive Home Page Flexslider
    Flexible Footer Menu

I have already incorporated the Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual addon and styled it with Bootstrap. I would now like to incorporate/replicate the Winchester Responsive Header Dropdown Slim Menu, using Bootstrap of course.

Recommendations? Anyone using something similar? Would it make sense to use something like slimmenu since jQuery is already being used and style it using Bootstrap?

Page 35 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast