Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I can't edit conditions of use, privacy and shipping and returns

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    You create the folder

includes/languages/english/html_includes/MY_TEMPLATE

(where MY_TEMPLATE is the name of your template) and then populate that folder with your changes to define_conditions.php
    Thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    You're correct, the ZCA Bootstrap 4 template doesn't supply that file. For that template, the file /includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_conditions.php will be the one that's used.

You can use an FTP program (e.g. WinSCP or FileZilla) to copy all the files you want to customize from /includes/languages/english/html_includes/ to /includes/languages/english/html_includes/YOUR_BS4_TEMPLATE if you want to customize them specifically for that template.
    I copied all of those define_xyz.php files to the folder specific to my template. I can open the define pages option in admin, but my changes still don’t show up. For example, I want some text on my main page other that welcome, would you like to log in? None of the text from the file to define main page shows up on my home page. I want to describe shipping details. They don’t show up when I edit the define shipping file. What am I missing?

Plugin Contributions

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/new_user_topics/welcome/

The H1 and H2 (the Welcome) above the displayed define_main_page.php are changed elsewhere.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/new_user_topics/welcome/

The H1 and H2 (the Welcome) above the displayed define_main_page.php are changed elsewhere.
    RE: define pages...
    I have all of the define_xyz.php files in both locations:

includes/languages/english/html_includes
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/mytemplate

I can open the file in both locations and see that it’s identical in both places. When I go to the define pages area of admin, I can see where I have made the changes that exactly match what’s in those files. Yet, when I go to the information side box and click on shipping & returns, there is absolutely nothing there.

Also from admin, configuration, define page status, the only option showing is define page not found. Instructions show I should have the ability in admin to turn these all on/off, but only one of the define pages is even listed. Is this normal? What am I missing & how do I fix it? Could THIS be why none of my define pages aren’t showing up on my site?
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/admin...inepagestatus/

Plugin Contributions

I have created the ‘my template’ folder, entered my text from define pages in admin, copied al of the files to that my template folder, manually looked at them to verify the text is there, and not one of these define pages shows any text in them when I click on the links from the actual website. What else can I look for? I’m at a loss here.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo_girl View Post
    Also from admin, configuration, define page status, the only option showing is define page not found. Instructions show I should have the ability in admin to turn these all on/off, but only one of the define pages is even listed. Is this normal? What am I missing & how do I fix it? Could THIS be why none of my define pages aren’t showing up on my site?
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/admin...inepagestatus/
    I would say that this is your problem. Unless the options in admin > configuration > define page status contain 'Define Text ON', as mentioned in the docs you linked to, you will not see any content on your define page.

Unfortunately I do not have a solution for you, only that items missing from Admin menus could point to database corruption. It might be possible to add the missing entries to the database but I would be concerned as to what else might have been affected at the time of the loss of the define page status items.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

> Unfortunately I do not have a solution for you, only that items missing from Admin menus could point to database corruption.
    I have seen this exact thing in the past.

If you go to zc_install/sql/install/mysql_zencart.sql you'll see how the relevant entries are created; you can just copy the needed lines and run them in Tools > Install SQL Patches. For the three define pages mentioned, you want:

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Define Privacy Status', 'DEFINE_PRIVACY_STATUS', '1', 'Enable the Defined Privacy Link/Text?<br />0= Link ON, Define Text OFF<br />1= Link ON, Define Text ON<br />2= Link OFF, Define Text ON<br />3= Link OFF, Define Text OFF', '25', '62', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\', \'2\', \'3\'),');
    insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Define Shipping & Returns', 'DEFINE_SHIPPINGINFO_STATUS', '1', 'Enable the Defined Shipping & Returns Link/Text?<br />0= Link ON, Define Text OFF<br />1= Link ON, Define Text ON<br />2= Link OFF, Define Text ON<br />3= Link OFF, Define Text OFF', '25', '63', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\', \'2\', \'3\'),');
    insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Define Conditions of Use', 'DEFINE_CONDITIONS_STATUS', '1', 'Enable the Defined Conditions of Use Link/Text?<br />0= Link ON, Define Text OFF<br />1= Link ON, Define Text ON<br />2= Link OFF, Define Text ON<br />3= Link OFF, Define Text OFF', '25', '64', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\', \'2\', \'3\'),');
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

It's certainly not helping that you created a "my template" folder. Those files will be pulled from two places. First, from the folder with the same name as your template's folder name in Tools >> Template Selection .. Template Directory. If you have not placed them in that directory, the system will look for them in the template_default directory.

SO... Go to your admin Tools >> Template Selection and make note of your tempate's Template Directory. Make sure that those files are in that directory and set with permissions of 644. If your Template Directory were fr1BBiTT, you would put the files in the includes/languages/english/html_includes/fr1BBiTT/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    It's certainly not helping that you created a "my template" folder. Those files will be pulled from two places. First, from the folder with the same name as your template's folder name in Tools >> Template Selection .. Template Directory. If you have not placed them in that directory, the system will look for them in the template_default directory.

SO... Go to your admin Tools >> Template Selection and make note of your tempate's Template Directory. Make sure that those files are in that directory and set with permissions of 644. If your Template Directory were fr1BBiTT, you would put the files in the includes/languages/english/html_includes/fr1BBiTT/
    Ok I’m confused (as if that isn’t already painfully obvious)...
    I copied all of the define pages files to includes/languages/english/html_includes/bootstrap (bootstrap being the name of my template). I added the /bootstrap per instructions given earlier in this thread, but above you indicate that may be contributing to my problems that I created the folder with my template name. File permissions are set at 644.

The instructions said to copy the files to your template directory, but it also said they had to exist in the html_includes folder. I’m at a loss what else to look for.

Plugin Contributions

Get https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1393 and keep it as a link on your desktop. Make sure your folder structure for bootstrap matches that on the chart.

The define pages should be in includes/languages/english/html_includes/bootstrap/ in order to show up in your site.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast