Plugin Contributions

Default log file is filling up with myDEBUG...warning and deprecated logs

Hi All,

I have Zen Cart 1.5.7d and I have the post office plugin. My website URL: www.vmstech.net

I am getting these text files in my logs folder and it is filling up fast:

Name:  logs.PNG
Views: 307
Size:  38.7 KB

Here is an example of one of the errors I am getting:

[23-May-2024 14:05:41 America/Boise] Request URI: /, IP address: 76.134.143.173
    #0 /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php(9): zen_debug_error_handler()
    #1 /.../.../public_html/includes/modules/require_languages.php(29): require_once('/.../......')
    #2 /.../.../public_html/includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php(123): require('/.../......')
    #3 /.../.../public_html/index.php(35): require('/.../......')
    --> PHP Warning: Constant TEXT_MAIN already defined in /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 9.

Here are others:

--> PHP Warning: Constant TEXT_GREETING_GUEST already defined in /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13.
    --> PHP Warning: Constant TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL already defined in /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 18.
    --> PHP Warning: Constant TEXT_INFORMATION already defined in /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 20.
    --> PHP Warning: Constant HEADING_TITLE already defined in /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 49.

I haven't changed anything with my website in a long time. I came about this issue when I wasn't receiving emails from my hosting company and found out my disk quota was well over the limit of 20GB and it was from the logs file filling up with these text files. I deleted all of the old files this morning and it keeps filling up the logs file. Could this be a virus? Is there any way I can fix this? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: log file is filling up with myDEBUG...warning and deprecated logs

Quote Originally Posted by enorton View Post
    Hi All,

I have Zen Cart 1.5.7d and I have the post office plugin. My website URL: www.vmstech.net

I am getting these text files in my logs folder and it is filling up fast:

Name:  logs.PNG
Views: 307
Size:  38.7 KB

Here is an example of one of the errors I am getting:

[23-May-2024 14:05:41 America/Boise] Request URI: /, IP address: 76.134.143.173
    #0 /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php(9): zen_debug_error_handler()
    #1 /.../.../public_html/includes/modules/require_languages.php(29): require_once('/.../......')
    #2 /.../.../public_html/includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php(123): require('/.../......')
    #3 /.../.../public_html/index.php(35): require('/.../......')
    --> PHP Warning: Constant TEXT_MAIN already defined in /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 9.

Here are others:

--> PHP Warning: Constant TEXT_GREETING_GUEST already defined in /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13.
    --> PHP Warning: Constant TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL already defined in /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 18.
    --> PHP Warning: Constant TEXT_INFORMATION already defined in /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 20.
    --> PHP Warning: Constant HEADING_TITLE already defined in /.../.../public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 49.

I haven't changed anything with my website in a long time. I came about this issue when I wasn't receiving emails from my hosting company and found out my disk quota was well over the limit of 20GB and it was from the logs file filling up with these text files. I deleted all of the old files this morning and it keeps filling up the logs file. Could this be a virus? Is there any way I can fix this? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

Check to see if your host bumped your PHP to a higher version. This is ongoing with me and I have deleted over 2 million debug log files.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, thanks. I will check with them.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, thanks. I will check with them.
    Other things of interest/resolution would be to upgrade your store. Current version is 2.0.1; however, changing your logging settings in the configuration menu to modify the report all errors setting to ignore duplicates for both the catalog and admin sides would at least reduce majority of the logs and restore focus back to "real" problems.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Other things of interest/resolution would be to upgrade your store. Current version is 2.0.1; however, changing your logging settings in the configuration menu to modify the report all errors setting to ignore duplicates for both the catalog and admin sides would at least reduce majority of the logs and restore focus back to "real" problems.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I do not want to update the website right now. I had the hosting company set the PHP version to 8.0 for now and the log errors went away. The website works great as is. Why do we always have to update software? It's annoying and I don't have the time to mess with it. I have a business to run not a software update center and I do not know how to do the update, nor do I want to pay someone to do it for me.

Plugin Contributions

I do not want to update the website right now. I had the hosting company set the PHP version to 8.0 for now and the log errors went away. The website works great as is. Why do we always have to update software? It's annoying and I don't have the time to mess with it. I have a business to run not a software update center and I do not know how to do the update, nor do I want to pay someone to do it for me.
    Umm. Is that all you read from that post?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunatly as with all things connected to the internet updates are essential.
    Some may be managed for you by your host others are what you run on that host.
    Others (what you run on the host) need to be updated. New security issues are found and fixed all the time.
    These fixes or updates need to be applied else your site and its data could be compromised. I see attacks all the time on my server usually trying to attack the wrong system (ie wordpress vulnerability on a zencart site etc)
    Look at your 404 reports to see these.