Plugin Contributions

Fatal error with messagestack instance

I'm a newbie. I've installed this cart system successfully before and I've read some of the posts related to my issue, but I'm stuck. Successful install of version 1.27 (had to use an older version to work with a custom skin) HOWEVER I can't get into the admin section. Here's the error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: messagestack in /homepages/4/d170001119/htdocs/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 299

I've ftp'd the application_top file down to see what's up and it talks about the messagestack. The front end of the store works, but admin is inacceessible due to this error. NOTE: I had the latest release installed fine, but then had to wipe my files off and install the older version. ANy help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal error with messagestack instance

Did you wipe the database at the same time? Have your tried re-uploading the admin directory?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. No -- I never even got to loading the database with any items because as soon as I uploaded the most recent version and tried to apply the custom skin, I got the error that told me the version was incompatible. So, I manually deleted all of the zencart folders and files via ftp and uploaded the other version folders. My FTP program (coffee cup) is tempermental and I had to do a directory at a time, but I scrutinized each transfer. The admin folder is big, but I'll gladly re-ftp it if you think that will help. Appreciate the help.

Plugin Contributions

Uploading the admin folder again didn't seem to help. I'd love any other advice you could pass along. Is there a message_stack.php file somewhere I can grab and upload individually?

Plugin Contributions

Is there a message_stack.php file somewhere I can grab and upload individually?
    Without knowing the current FTP client software you're using, I'd still recommend to upload the entire admin folder, again, with LeapFTP this time (www.leapware.com).

If it still fails, (which I doubt), simply upload message_stack.php file under ASCII mode rather than binary mode. Both cases should do the trick already.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Be sure it's the /admin/includes/classes/message_stack.php that you're uploading.

And after it's uploaded, use your FTP software to "view" it from the server side... and make sure it's not blank.

And yes, dump coffeecup. FileZilla is much more reliable, and it's free.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DRByte and Oracle,
    You got it! Probably the simplest fix for you today, but it was gold for me. Thanks. www.coffeecup.com has some good software, but the FTP client I've seen now pales in comparison to what you recommended. Thanks again.