Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template gone?

Merlin,

Thanks for the confirm.....with these idiots...I find if I am able to point them directly *at* the problem they will react.....

I am finding threads that zen 1.3.7 and php5 are fine.....also finding threads that php5 is less forgiving........

Assuming it is a php5 config issue they flipped on yesterday (two days after the php5 upgrade), any thoughts?

Dave

Plugin Contributions

Just installed a RAW, zero customization out of the box zen 1.3.7, as expected same result.

http://www.jerkynet.com/demo137/store

Pulling (what little I have left) hair out..........
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

On your "/store" site, you have understandably been toying with debug ideas etc. It also appears you've hard-coded a stylesheet reference, but it's not working ... because you made a typo. The "type" should be "text/css":
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/cass" href="http://jerkynet.com/store/includes/templates/jerkynet/css/stylesheet.css" />
    However, that's not the root cause of the problem. But, once you change that, you'll see that things do load properly.

Thus, since you've had to hard-code the stylesheet references manually, that means that the Zen Cart code that dynamically discovers and links stylesheets is unable to find the style*.css files in the css folder.
    This is most likely a permissions issue whereby either:
    a) PHP is not allowed to stat the css folder in order to "list" the files contained therein, and therefore can't create the output links
    b) PHP or the webserver user (typically "nobody") doesn't have permission to read the files in the css folder
    c) or some other issue.

For debugging purposes, let's turn on PHP error-reporting:
    1. Create a new file: /includes/local/configure.php
    2. In that file place only the following:
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    define
    ('STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING'true);
    ?>
    3. Upload the file and try accessing your site.
    You'll see all kinds of warnings and errors. Hopefully one of them (where it builds the stylesheet links) will provide more hints.
    You'll likely also get php halts because of "header already sent" messages -- these are a result of the php error/warning output and will go away once you delete this local/configure.php file after the rest is working again.

Also, what is your server's errorlog saying ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply....

OK, first of all, you had me going when you mentioned we have been editing.....believe it or not....actually found my hosting company idiot editing my files, told him to back off, and go worry about what they screwed up yesterday on php.

OK, here is the output of the error reporting from above...any clues? This is from the fresh 1.3.7 install, just put on half hour ago at

=========
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/dwellsin/public_html/jerkynet/demo137/store/includes/local/configure.php:4) in /home/dwellsin/public_html/jerkynet/demo137/store/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dwellsin/public_html/jerkynet/demo137/store/includes/local/configure.php:4) in /home/dwellsin/public_html/jerkynet/demo137/store/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

Notice: Use of undefined constant DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_TYPE - assumed 'DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_TYPE' in /home/dwellsin/public_html/jerkynet/demo137/store/includes/init_includes/init_customer_auth.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: this_is_main_page in /home/dwellsin/public_html/jerkynet/demo137/store/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 51

• Home
      Notice: Undefined index: customer_id in /home/dwellsin/public_html/jerkynet/demo137/store/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_header.php on line 48

Plugin Contributions

I bet they upgraded to php5.2

I am pretty sure that Linda has posted a fix to a few of the 5.2 oopses
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Checked that yesterday, after I found the bug report on 5.2, they are on 5.2.1

BTW, this idiot just edited some files on my LIVE site, it is back, demo still broke, fresh install, etc.......

Can't raise them, trying to get a handle on what they are up to.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. - I should have mentioned to not have any blank lines after the closing ?> in the local/configure.php file

2. But, it doesn't look like the PHP error reporting is helping reveal anything.

3. What's in the server errorlog ?

4. What happens if you rename the /includes/.htaccess to htaccess_off temporarily?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

* Trying to get info on the server log....
    * renamed the .htaccess out last night, will mv it again now.

To give you an idea of what I am having to work with with this crew at the NOC....
    Here is his last response....
    ==============
    Hello,

I'm guessing you already followed these steps on the demo137 site, it's showing warnings now. I tried similar steps before, and none of the errors related to template code as far as I can see.

I've tested the code that's failing outside of Zen, you can see the result here:

http://jerkynet.com/store/test.php

The same code inside the Zen template functions doesn't work, it doesn't list the CSS files, so they don't get included in the page.
    This is why I don't think it's a server issue, if it was, the test script shouldn't work either.

I checked with Blake and no changes have been made since the PHP5 upgrade,

I have restored the change I made to your site,

Thanks,

Stewart

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What are all the files in your /includes/templates/jerkynet/css folder ?
    What are their permission settings (ie: 644, 755, etc) ?
    What is their "ownership" ? (ie: are they owned by "jerkynet" or by "nobody" or by someone else?

What is the permission setting on the css folder itself ?

It's interesting that PHP seems to be allowed to read directory listings for *.php files, but not for *.css files ...

Plugin Contributions

includes as well as admin .htaccess files have been mv'd out
    This (and everything I am mentioning for now) relates to the demo fresh install site:

All sites acting the same.

The fellow at the hosting company did do a HARD code somewhere that got the template loading, then pulled it, so live site is back to hosed.

This is his logic that it isn't a server side issue........
    dave

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast