Page 52 of 357 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

1. I am unable to repeat this bug. Setting Show Language or Show Currency to false removes them from url.

PHP Code:
    http://www.numinix.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=232 
    2. If Show Language is set to true then it will display language = language_id (always an integer). You can change this to "code" if you like.

3. I haven't attempted to resolve this, but I've offered you the code to fix the issue twice now. It won't be included because most sites do not pre-process text beyond the default zen cart settings. By changing your site to sanitize the text before, you are making it difficult for all scripts to process the text again. Instead, text should be stored in the default method and each individual script that needs to make further sanitizations can do so itself (as do the feeders). You are asking for a fix to a non-default Zen Cart site and that simply will create more problems for others than it'll fix. For now, please run the str_replace line at the end of the zen_xml_sanitizer function to replace occurences of & with & or simply remove zen_xml_sanitizer from processing the titles and descriptions is you are positive your text is 100% valid XML.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    1. 3. I haven't attempted to resolve this, but I've offered you the code to fix the issue twice now. It won't be included because most sites do not pre-process text beyond the default zen cart settings. By changing your site to sanitize the text before, you are making it difficult for all scripts to process the text again. Instead, text should be stored in the default method and each individual script that needs to make further sanitizations can do so itself (as do the feeders). You are asking for a fix to a non-default Zen Cart site and that simply will create more problems for others than it'll fix. For now, please run the str_replace line at the end of the zen_xml_sanitizer function to replace occurences of & with & or simply remove zen_xml_sanitizer from processing the titles and descriptions is you are positive your text is 100% valid XML.
    I am not exactly sure what you're talking about here. We have simply use valid xhtml transitional when creating categories (which Zen Cart processes correctly). This is not some sort of custom code doing this. At any rate, I will look for the code you said you provided to apply the fix.

I will uninstall and reinstall the sql statements as the configuration is not sticking.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brimsjewelry View Post
    I hate to bring this up again but I'm trying to deal with the timeout error with no success. I've read (I think) everything in this thread pertaining to it and have made the fixes suggested: created php.ini and placed in root with the lines max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 90
    memory_limit = 32M

Increased max execution time in zen cart admin configuration to 300, and tried adding these lines to a blank .htaccess file but get a server 500 error when I do that. I've got about 9,000 items in my store.

ANy thoughts?

Jason

PS: I downloaded the most recent release of this mod and installed it and i'm running ZC 1.3.7
    We had to alter the code to try passive mode ftp before port. It seems after port failed passive was blocked. The same was true with LPS script. It is simple to do if you look in the code.

Hope it helps!

Claire

Plugin Contributions

I reinstalled it and the url works just fine. However the fix for the amp; does not work and it's already included in version 1.6.2.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Great! So, just take the XML sanitizer function off your titles and it should leave them untouched with the original &

I hate to bring this up again but I'm trying to deal with the timeout error with no success. I've read (I think) everything in this thread pertaining to it and have made the fixes suggested: created php.ini and placed in root with the lines max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 90
    memory_limit = 32M

Increased max execution time in zen cart admin configuration to 300, and tried adding these lines to a blank .htaccess file but get a server 500 error when I do that. I've got about 9,000 items in my store.

ANy thoughts?

Jason

PS: I downloaded the most recent release of this mod and installed it and i'm running ZC 1.3.7
    I take it no one has worked out this problem?

Plugin Contributions

I take it no one has worked out this problem?

I take it my suggestion 2 or 3 posts above, which you ignored, didnt work for you then...

Quote Originally Posted by ceegeeaar View Post
    I take it my suggestion 2 or 3 posts above, which you ignored, didnt work for you then...
    ceegeeaar,

I didn't "ignore" your post, I simply missed it.

It may be easy to fix in the code for someone who knows HOW to code but I haven't a clue. Could you show me what to do? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Jason

Plugin Contributions

Jason, you might want to check your site. When I try to open product pages in IE it fails with Operation Aborted. Firefox is fine. That might have something to do with your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ceegeeaar View Post
    Jason, you might want to check your site. When I try to open product pages in IE it fails with Operation Aborted. Firefox is fine. That might have something to do with your problems.
    Yikes! Thanks for telling me this. This is something new. I just had the database moved to another server and I'm betting that is behind this. As I use firefox it probably would have been some time before I noticed this not working in IE. Much obliged!

Jason