Page 292 of 394 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3932
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

The documentation for the checkout pretty clearly states that you must have https:// in order to use the production server. Looking over posts It doesn't appear everyone does. Do you need an SSL cert to use this?

I do not have one and attempted the install and it shows up in zencart now to install. But when I try to browse to
    http://mydomain.com/bvEgFfwMEj-yArlxDiWMNA I just get a login. It appears in the google setup I need an API Callback URL which it wants to be SSL. I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem or not?

Plugin Contributions

Under what scenario are you offering free shipping option? I don't see any criteria in your setting below. I was also your site and added $128 to my cart and still did not see free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_powerbrixx View Post
    I seem to have the opposite problem from the one some users have posted, regarding free shipping in Google Checkout. I can't get it to show up at all in Google Checkout, though it works fine in Zen Cart checkout. We are trying to offer free shipping within the US (along with paid options in case someone wants express), but not offer free shipping outside the US. I have turned on the freeoptions module and have created and applied a United States zone definition for the Shipping Zone setting on this module only, to limit it to the 50 states, DC, and US armed forces. We also use fexedexpress, fedexground, and usps modules with no Shipping Zone set. In ZC checkout, everything works just right. PayPal checkout seems to work fine too, though I haven't taken a transaction all the way through confirmation. But in Google Checkout, the only shipping options that show up are the FedEx rates; free shipping option does not. (We don't have USPS active in GCO due to timeout problems we were experiencing.) It made no difference when I tried the fix described on this thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112491

Our admin settings for freeoptions look as shown below. (I'm not sure what would be relevant in the Google Checkout mod admin or php files, but I would be happy to post anything that would help address the problem.)

Enable Free Options Shipping
    True

Shipping Cost

Handling Fee

Total >=

Total <=

Weight >=

Weight <=

Item Count >=

Item Count <=

Tax Class
    Taxable Goods

Tax Basis
    Shipping

Shipping Zone
    United States

Sort Order

Here are the versions were are using:
    Zen Cart 1.3.8a (on our test site, kept down for maintenance; same problem when temporarily brought up from maintenance)
    googlecheckout payment module 1.4.7
    freeoptions and usps shipping modules (in ZC 1.3.8a)
    fedexexpress and fedexground shipping modules v. 1.3.7

Anybody have any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Even if you do not use google checkout, you should consider installing SSL since you're online store. There are certain information you're collecting on your site that should really be secured.

Have you tested GCO in sandbox (which doesn't require SSL)? Did everything work fine in sandbox?

Quote Originally Posted by ahall13 View Post
    The documentation for the checkout pretty clearly states that you must have https:// in order to use the production server. Looking over posts It doesn't appear everyone does. Do you need an SSL cert to use this?

I do not have one and attempted the install and it shows up in zencart now to install. But when I try to browse to
    http://mydomain.com/bvEgFfwMEj-yArlxDiWMNA I just get a login. It appears in the google setup I need an API Callback URL which it wants to be SSL. I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem or not?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ahall13 View Post
    You do not have to have SSL to install the program and test in Sandbox mode, but the SSL cert will be mandatory for Production Mode - meaning actually offering Google Checkout as an option during checkout. SSL Certs are inexpensive and easy to obtain an install. I obtained a SSL Cert recently for $15.00 a year and it was issued and installed in less than an hour.

Simply installing the module, with or without SSL, should not have any effects on your site. Maybe I am missing something.......

Plugin Contributions

I have managed to include a button to page two of the checkout process for Google Checkout. I have also deleted Google Checkout from all the pages except where I have added it to page 3 of the ZC checkout.

Now I was just wondering if anyone knows how to edit the code on the final page so that if someone has selected the Google Checkout option the normal "Complete Checkout" button is removed?

I have other payment options so need the button to remain for all other payment types.

Ideas?

P.S. With this mod GC allows the shipping insurance and possibly other mods (yet untested) to be processed properly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Under what scenario are you offering free shipping option? I don't see any criteria in your setting below. I was also your site and added $128 to my cart and still did not see free shipping.
    Thank you, BlessIsaacola, for taking a look at this. As I said, we are testing free shipping on our alternate test site which is kept down for maintenance. No free shipping is yet being offered on our production site open to the public. I would be glad to authorize the test site to your IP address if you like, or else temporarily open it to the public at a given time. PM me and I'll be glad to arrange it.

We don't have any minimum purchase criteria in mind for free shipping. As long as the shipping address is in the U.S., we would like to offer free shipping as an option along with the regular paid FedEx and USPS methods, for purchases of any size no matter how small.

I used the freeoptions module instead of freeshipping because I ran across postings on other threads which seemed to indicate that freeoptions was better suited to zone shipping assignments than freeshipping. I did a brief test of freeshipping, and it didn't do as well as freeoptions for ZC checkout. So I'm back to freeoptions, which at least does that much, so far.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there , I'm using zencart 1.8.3a. So far i have only installed the PayPal Express Checkout module to my site. I wish to add Google checkout now. I downloaded v1.4.7 of Google checkout. I copied the files over to my server. I moved the " Your_template" files over the template's folder i am using for my site " classic " .

Do i need to make a sandbox account ? ( what is this for anyway ?). I've already signed up for a Google check out account And received my merchant key & ID .

When it says

" .htaccess Basic Authentication Mode
    Your site Site in installed with PHP over CGI?
    This configuration will disable PHP Basic Authentication that is NOT compatible with CGI used in the responsehandler.php to validate Google Checkout messages.
    If setted True you MUST configure your .htaccess files here."

Should i leave it alone ? I installed my zen cart via dreamhost's one click installs.

Also can i just use the first install option from the installation read me ? Or do i have to edit those files as shown in the 2nd install method? I don't want to break my zen cart install ( If i already haven't done so"

Thanks in advance :) My site is missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

Also i tried installing it earlier and when tried using it to do a test order it didn't give me the option of Google checkout when i got to the final step of order confirmation , it just defaulted on paypal. The Google checkout button was on the shopping cart first page before you go to check ( right over paypal)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jasonshanks View Post
    Do i need to make a sandbox account ?
    When it says

" .htaccess Basic Authentication Mode
    Your site Site in installed with PHP over CGI?
    This configuration will disable PHP Basic Authentication that is NOT compatible with CGI used in the responsehandler.php to validate Google Checkout messages.
    If setted True you MUST configure your .htaccess files here."

Should i leave it alone ? I installed my zen cart via dreamhost's one click installs.

Also can i just use the first install option from the installation read me ? Or do i have to edit those files as shown in the 2nd install method? I don't want to break my zen cart install ( If i already haven't done so"

Thanks in advance :) My site is missingcord.com
    It looks like you have most everything in place as it should be.

I left my htaccess setting alone and have been working fine for a couple of years.

If you haven't added any other modules, the first install option is the easiest.

The sandbox account is a good idea. Especially as you don't have a SSL certificate. You can test in sandbox without having SSL. You will be able to test the creation of orders and how they process from start to finish through GCO. Then, when you do get a SSL cert, you will have any problems, like shipping configurations, already solved.

You will need to have SSL installed on your cart to get the full benefits of the GCO mod in production. Without it you can still get orders processed through Google, but the info will not be passed back to your admin. You will have to go to your Google account each time to finish the processing. With SSL all the payment and order info will be fed back to your cart so that you can do all the processing from within your admin.

The absense of Google buttons on checkout pages is by design. You should have one (as you do) on your login page and on the shopping cart when there is merchandise in it. This was to satisfy the terms of Google's usage agreement at the time the mod was built.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alan_powerbrixx View Post
    I seem to have the opposite problem from the one some users have posted, regarding free shipping in Google Checkout. ...(etc., snipped)
    I would still be grateful for any help anyone can give on my free shipping question (see quoted post above). BlessIsaacola looked briefly at our production site, but () I'm sorry that I hadn't made it clear that the problem is on our test site which we keep down for maintenance. If anyone will PM me with a time they would be willing to look at my test site, I would be happy to open it up for you at that time. Or if you prefer, I could authorize your IP address to see the site.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.