Page 266 of 506 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

Well, the first thing I always ask and people always seem to forget to include is: what is your ssu version?
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

that was quick ;) Thank you

my version is: ssu_beta_3.6.4

I've been at ssu/changelog (did your updates *Version 3.6.6* cover this problem?)

Plugin Contributions

Well, it doesnt hurt to upgrade.

Also, it's for the best if you can copy some of the "trouble" urls and paste here, Google should mark them for you. Without that Im walking in the dark.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Well, it doesnt hurt to upgrade.

Also, it's for the best if you can copy some of the "trouble" urls and paste here, Google should mark them for you. Without that Im walking in the dark.
    I've sent you a PM

Thank you ;)

Plugin Contributions

Default Install error

I had this excellent add on working perfectly and then we suffered some issues (completely unrelated to this) which were causing problems with 301 redirects (long story).
    Anyhow, to eliminate all possibilities I decided to uninstall Simple SEO urls following the instructions to the letter to go back to the base urls to help track the problem down.
    Having sorted that I tried to reinstall Simple SEO URLs and hit this problem when doing 2. Visit admin→extras→ssu manager (you should see notice saying that the database patches have been applied)
    ----------
    1048 Column 'configuration_group_id' cannot be null
    in:
    [INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Set default language identifier', 'SSU_MULTI_LANGUAGE_DEFAULT_IDENTIFIER', 'true', 'This option is useful for sites that use multi-languages. You can tell SSU to not add language identifier into the links for the default language.', @t4, 1, NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    ----------
    Help is appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default last post

I forgot to add that I had 3.6.4 (i think) installed and reinstalled 3.6.6.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SSU - Google Webmaster - Sitemap Warnings - HTTP Error 301

Quote Originally Posted by b_funtomas View Post
    First of all i have to thank yellow1912 for this great mod!

I've tried to use SSU one year ago, but gave up as i could not figure out why the page goes to index.php if i changed the language. Thought, doesn't matter as i got good rankings already for my page. So i removed everything.

Now this year i tried again, and fixed the problem with language changing.

After all was set up the way it should work, i generated a sitemap with my brand new SSU urls. Double checked the xml file if the url's were generated correctly. Went to google webmaster and resubmit my updated sitemap. Now my sitemap showing url's like /shop/shippinginfo (great)
    Google even marked it as ok after an hour.
    Checking back the status 3 days later, i've got warnings from google webmaster tools:
    -Total URLs in Sitemap 1390
    -Indexed URLs in Sitemap 0
    -Sitemap errors and warnings
    (URLs not followed - When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL)
    -HTTP Error: 301 (Moved permanently)

I've double checked the instructions from your wiki page. All set up correctly.

Now i wonder, should i *turn of* SSU and generate an original Zencart sitemap - submit to google and turn it back on (SSU)
    or
    should i simply ignore these warnings? As yahoo and google already indexed some of the new SSU urls. (site:mysite.com) but in webmaster tools it says Indexed URLs 0

I've searched thith Thread now 2 weeks already, if this question came up already but without any usefull information.

Yello1912 - can you give an update on this one?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SSU - Google Webmaster - Sitemap Warnings - HTTP Error 301

Quote Originally Posted by askaquestion View Post
    Yello1912 - can you give an update on this one?
    We found out that on this site, for whatever reason, all the urls that search engines get contain zenid.
    I suspect some customization to zen code may have affected this, but which one exactly is hard to say without thoroughly checking out the code.
    Some may argue that SSU causes this, but if you look into its code you will see it uses exactly the same code, the same method, the same parameters to decide if it should attach zenid to the links or not. And I have a bunch of website urls to show we have no such error.

Is this the real cause for the warning with Google sitemap encountered? Maybe, maybe not. But then again I do have several sites which we submitted to GoogleSitemap and have no such problem.
    Last edited by yellow1912; 12 Mar 2009 at 04:35 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by askaquestion View Post
    I forgot to add that I had 3.6.4 (i think) installed and reinstalled 3.6.6.
    Huhm, try this and see if it works for you:

go to tools-sql tool patch and run
    delete from module_version_tracke where module_code = 'yellow1912_ssu';

Then go to admin-extra-ssu manager again

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Open includes/init_includes/init_ssu.php

You will find this line:
    while (substr($link, -1) == '/') $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

Add below it:
    $link .= "$link/";

This quick fix should force the trailing slash you wanted.
    I'm trying to add a trailing slash to my URLs, but this info seems to be outdated, as I can't find that line in init_ssu.php. Where should I look?

Thanks,
    -Arianne