Page 351 of 506 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 5054
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL [support thread]

As described here, I have have not been able to install Module Manager that Simple SEO URL requires. Thank you to countrycharm for suggesting that I rename admin directory in the module_manager directory from admin to the adminxxx to match the secret name of my zencart admin directory.

However, that change produced no observable effect. So I still need help. What should I do? Thank you.

PS. Should I restore the name of the subdirectory /module_manager/adminxxx/ back to its original /module_manager/admin/ ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post
    As described here, I have have not been able to install Module Manager that Simple SEO URL requires. Thank you to countrycharm for suggesting that I rename admin directory in the module_manager directory from admin to the adminxxx to match the secret name of my zencart admin directory.

However, that change produced no observable effect. So I still need help. What should I do? Thank you.

PS. Should I restore the name of the subdirectory /module_manager/adminxxx/ back to its original /module_manager/admin/ ?

No you should not. It has to be the same name as the admin directory.

Double check to see if the all the files where actually uploaded. Make sure that the admin name was spelled exactly the same way as you modified admin name.

Also check to see if the FTP program you are using is not defaulting to "Do Not Over Write" settings. The files may not be actually being written to your server because of this.

After all of that you should have no problems.
    User of zencart

Plugin Contributions

This was probably answered already but is it okay that I get strange results in the Who Online in the admin.

I am seeing alot of favicon.ico and a background image result. I hope my customers are not being redirected to these things.

Avel
    User of zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by batteryman View Post
    No you should not. It has to be the same name as the admin directory.

Double check to see if the all the files where actually uploaded. Make sure that the admin name was spelled exactly the same way as you modified admin name.

Also check to see if the FTP program you are using is not defaulting to "Do Not Over Write" settings. The files may not be actually being written to your server because of this.

After all of that you should have no problems.
    I manually double-checked, viewed and confirmed, that all files, directories and subdirectories have been uploaded exactly as contained in the zip file I downloaded from the google website (with, of course, the exception of renaming of admin to adminxxx).

I have also made sure that the admin name was spelled exactly the same way.

Thank you for the suggestions.

What should I do now?

Plugin Contributions

I manually double-checked, viewed and confirmed, that all files, directories and subdirectories have been uploaded exactly as contained in the zip file I downloaded from the google website (with, of course, the exception of renaming of admin to adminxxx).

What should I do now?
    In your store admin under tools see if you see Module Manager now. If you do click on it and see what it tells you. It should tell you Module Manager is installed.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

What should I do now?
    One more thing Zean when you check to see that all your files are in the correct place, make sure none of the files, filesize are 0 if they are you will have to delete that file and re-upload it. Hope this make sense. Make sure that you have 777 or 705 file permission set for your adminxxx/includes/module_installation and adminxxx/includes/templates/templates
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    In your store admin under tools see if you see Module Manager now. If you do click on it and see what it tells you. It should tell you Module Manager is installed.
    This is what my ZenCart Admin Console shows under "Tools." So , I think I'm still SOL.

# Tools

* Template Selection
    * Layout Boxes Controller
    * Banner Manager
    * Send Email
    * Newsletter and Product Notifications Manager
    * Server/Version Info
    * Who's Online
    * Admin Settings
    * Email Welcome
    * Store Manager
    * Developers Tool Kit
    * EZ-Pages
    * Define Pages Editor
    * Install SQL Patches

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    One more thing Zean when you check to see that all your files are in the correct place, make sure none of the files, filesize are 0 if they are you will have to delete that file and re-upload it. Hope this make sense. Make sure that you have 777 or 705 file permission set for your adminxxx/includes/module_installation and adminxxx/includes/templates/templates
    Please note that indeed there is a file of size 0 (zero). However, it appears that it is suppose to be size zero since the original zip file for this mod also shows it to have a size of 0.
    That file can be found in the original zip file at: /module_manager/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php
    a copy of that file now resides on my server at:
    /html/module_manager/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/module_manager/tpl_index.php
    where /html/ is my website root directory and is the directory zencart is installed.

My server "file manager" show the directories you mentioned, "adminxxx/includes/module_installation and adminxxx/includes/templates/templates" by which I'm inferring you mean:
    /html/module_manager/adminxxx/includes/module_installation/
    and
    /html/module_manager/adminxxx/includes/templates/templates/

to both have permissions set as follows:

Owners permissions: Read Write Execute
    Others permissions: Read Execute

Also, Filezilla (which I use for ftp) shows them as having permissions: drwxr-xr-x

If I am not mistaken the above permissions are consistent with the Octal notation:755.

So all this seems to check out but Module Manager is still DOA.

Any other suggestions for resuscitation are certainly welcome. Thanks again for your efforts.

Plugin Contributions

It would take more time to troubleshoot that I myself fix it for you. So if you would like to, simply pm me your admin and ftp temp login info, I will check/fix for you and let you know exactly why i didnt work for you. :)
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Is there anyone here that has actually and personally installed Simple SEO URL and Module Manager themselves? By "personally," I mean without having to give a stranger access to your website and admin passwords?