Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: jScroller Sidebox Package Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stride-r View Post
    Yeah, that's where i looked first ...but there's nothing there that has a height, padding top/bottom, or margin top/bottom to account for the excess space i'm seeing.

I have the scroller enabled for both bestsellers and whats new boxes and they both exhibit the same white space on the end of the scroll. Same space is visible whether viewed in IE 7 , IE8, as well as the Firefox.
    I checked the jscroller author's site and viewed several demos.

bottom line that space at the bottom of the scroll appears to be the default behaivor and there doesn't appear to be anything to change it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post
    I checked the jscroller author's site and viewed several demos.

bottom line that space at the bottom of the scroll appears to be the default behaivor and there doesn't appear to be anything to change it.
    Ah, okay, thanks Clyde for looking into it and pointing me in the right direction. I think the answer we seek is there in the Author's examples after all: (http://jscroller2.markusbordihn.de/example/endless/)

...It looks like a fairly easy tweak to the php code for the sideboxes templates - just need to tweak the mod's code to accommodate placing the last product (if there's more than one) into a second container. I'll take a stab at it myself -but probably won't get to it for a day or so.

Plugin Contributions

The actual part of the sidebox that needs to be modified is:

includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_manufacturers_select.php

But that creates a dropdown list of manufacturers.

Since you want a scrollling sidebox, You'll probably have better luck using the sidebox for list manufacturers logos Since this will scroll the logo as well as the name.
    Doesn't scroll. How about adapting it to your code as an addition to the Anniversary update to the jScroller Sidebox Package?

The directions are wrong. Both files need to go into their respective sidebox directories. Having issues with resizing the images.
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Plugin Contributions

Ah, okay, thanks Clyde for looking into it and pointing me in the right direction. I think the answer we seek is there in the Author's examples after all: (http://jscroller2.markusbordihn.de/example/endless/)

...It looks like a fairly easy tweak to the php code for the sideboxes templates - just need to tweak the mod's code to accommodate placing the last product (if there's more than one) into a second container. I'll take a stab at it myself -but probably won't get to it for a day or so.
    I have a complete and working template file for both Bestsellers & Whatsnew sideboxes (the only two i needed) that apply the author's "Endless Scroller" effect (no blank space before they repeat). If anyone wants a copy, PM me.

Plugin Contributions

I have a complete and working template file for both Bestsellers & Whatsnew sideboxes (the only two i needed) that apply the author's "Endless Scroller" effect (no blank space before they repeat). If anyone wants a copy, PM me.
    Why not just update the Jscroller sidebox mod?

Plugin Contributions

Why not just update the Jscroller sidebox mod?
    I guess because I thought this mod was "your baby" and posting a changed or revised file set without your request/consent might be rude and presumptuous.

Anyway, if you wish, i'll apply the revised code to the other sideboxes in the mod and then post them as a set. Tad busy here so give me a day or so....

Plugin Contributions

I guess because I thought this mod was "your baby" and posting a changed or revised file set without your request/consent might be rude and presumptuous.

Anyway, if you wish, i'll apply the revised code to the other sideboxes in the mod and then post them as a set. Tad busy here so give me a day or so....
    That's the beauty of open source Anyone can add/improve on any of the mods in the download section.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Clyde.

I followed this link on page 3 of this thread:
    http://mysticmountainnaturals.com/demotest
    where you have set up a template display slide show that is really easy to view. As it is a slideshow and does not scroll, and is in the home page center box, I believe it is not a jscroller sidebox, although it is mentioned in this jscroller thread. Could you clarify what that is and whether it is an available module?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by notageek View Post
    Hi, Clyde.

I followed this link on page 3 of this thread:
    http://mysticmountainnaturals.com/demotest
    where you have set up a template display slide show that is really easy to view. As it is a slideshow and does not scroll, and is in the home page center box, I believe it is not a jscroller sidebox, although it is mentioned in this jscroller thread. Could you clarify what that is and whether it is an available module?

Thanks.
    Its called jquery cycle and as far as I know it is not available in the downloads section.

Plugin Contributions

hi Clyde..

This is great.. thank you. But my scroll isn't centered in the box. How do i go about making it centered.

Cheers.

stickersuperstore.com.au

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast