Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Manual Card Payment Module v2.0.0!

I am using Ceon 2.0.0 with Zen Cart 1.3.9d.

According to https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=67 "NOTE: You should never collect CVV data if you are manually processing credit card orders, as having that information is a violation of terms of service with credit card companies."

However, the Ceon module does collect CVV data and there doesn't appear to be any option to turn this off.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by nickgreaves View Post
    You should never collect CVV data if you are manually processing credit card orders, as having that information is a violation of terms of service with credit card companies.
    Even collecting the card number for manual processing is in violation of the terms and conditions of most card processors which is why we don't recommend using this module but instead using a professional payment gateway (something I've said plenty of times here).

Quote Originally Posted by nickgreaves View Post
    However, the Ceon module does collect CVV data and there doesn't appear to be any option to turn this off.
    The latest version does have that functionality. Search this thread for more information.

I've a slight update to release and if it is fine this latest version will be uploaded to the downloads area within the next week or so.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. Have now successfully installed v2.2.2.

Regards

Nick

Plugin Contributions

In the download, 2.2.2, there are three sub folders within the docs folder: css, images, and javascript.

Am I supposed to copy those files as part of the install?

I see snippets of code to add to .css in the installation instructions, but no ref to these extra files.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

The _docs folder contains information and advertising. The css files in the folder or used to present the html code in the _docs folder.
    It will not break anything if you upload the _docs folder, but I would not. Things such as LICENSE and README might be renamed to something like ceon_cc_LICENSE and ceon_cc_README in order to not overwrite an existing file and make the information easier to find later.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    In the download, 2.2.2, there are three sub folders within the docs folder: css, images, and javascript.
    Those are part of the documentation for the software!

You only need to upload the files in the "files" folder.

Things such as LICENSE and README might be renamed to something like ceon_cc_LICENSE and ceon_cc_README in order to not overwrite an existing file and make the information easier to find later.
    There's no need to upload anything except the contents of the files folder, all the other files in the distribution are for informational purposes or the initial setup only.

Hope that helps!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

While files is the only item necessary, it's a good practice to load readme's even if ONLY to help you remember what mods you have installed.

It will help you, anyone who helps you with your site, and those on the forum when they ask, "What mods are installed?"

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    While files is the only item necessary, it's a good practice to load readme's even if ONLY to help you remember what mods you have installed.

It will help you, anyone who helps you with your site, and those on the forum when they ask, "What mods are installed?"
    It would definitely be handy if Zen Cart had a registration system to keep a record of all installed modules.. it's not practical the way the software's currently built (that's oscommerce's fault though), maybe 2.0.0 will work slightly differently in that respect.

If you want to be sure of remembering what modules are installed, I think a better policy would be to create a file on your site, "Installed Modules.txt", and keep that up to date.

But then I'm a programmer so I like things to be all ordered and organised like that.. must get a life... :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    Last edited by conor; 15 Jun 2010 at 08:13 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post

I have the opposite view. Putting documentation on your site where it is browsable is very helpful to hackers trying to piece together information about your site.

Certainly you should keep the documentation and information about all the add-on mods you have installed, especially their versions. But keep it somewhere where it's only available and useful to people with a legitimate interest.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    But then I'm a programmer so I like things to be all ordered and organised like that.. must get a life... :)
    Oh, sorry, didn't realise you're a programmer too.. you know what I mean I guess. :)

All the best...

Conor

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast