Page 96 of 226 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by jazzah View Post
    The problem with that is it then adds a day to everything,
    <snip>
    So we need to increase it only for fastway!
    Assuming you are using a current version (v2.0.5 or V2.0.6) and don't mind modifying code. locate the file /includes/modules/shipiing/ozpost.php

Then using a text editor, locate the following lines:

Code:
    case  "FWL";
                    if(in_array("FastWay Labels", $this->allowed_methods)) $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_FWL_HANDLING ;
                break;

case "FWS":
                    if(in_array("FastWay Satchel", $this->allowed_methods))  $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_FWS_HANDLING ;
                break;
    The modify or replace them with:

Code:
    case  "FWL";
                    if(in_array("FastWay Labels", $this->allowed_methods))  { 
                    $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_FWL_HANDLING ;
                    $quote->days = $quote->days + 1 ;
                    }
                break;

case "FWS":
                    if(in_array("FastWay Satchel", $this->allowed_methods)) { 
                    $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_FWS_HANDLING ;
                    $quote->days = $quote->days + 1 ;
                    }
                break;
    Don't forget to make a backup of the file first, so if it goes wrong you won't find yourself stuck... just revert to the backup.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by exoticcorpse View Post
    I should also note that this error does not occur until I run the shipping estimator. Then it appears over the whole site when you continue browsing
    I've had a look at your site for further clues, and noticed that as well as these errors, the estimator is also showing an undefined CONSTANT, namely:
    CART_SHIPPING_QUOTE_CRITERIA

This is usually defined in the /includes/languages/english.php file.

Does this file exist on your server? Does it have correct permissions?
    This file is one of the core zencart files. It isn't touched or affected by the ozpost module, and I suspect you'd be getting the same error regardless of what shipping module you are using.

(Also, Why has my font changed?)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Installation problems

I get this message when installing:

Network Connectivity test FAILED
    Is cURL installed on your server? (it needs to be). If so, this may be a temporary glitch, try again in a few minutes.
    Installation will NOT continue.

I used the curltester and yes, curl is installed and working correctly on the server.

In a past post, you mentioned about commenting lines out of the ozpost.php module? Tried that and it made no difference and I haven't read the posts in between there and here.

What can be causing this? If it is a server related problem, I need to explain to them what to check / look for.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installation problems

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    In a past post, you mentioned about commenting lines out of the ozpost.php module?
    I can only guess that you are referring to the suggestion made to one person, in one particular circumstance that would allow installtion to continue, even though the module itself still couldn't work? At least that person knew what he was doing and why he needed to do it.

Tried that and it made no difference
    In that case either you screwed up, or you are referring to a different suggestion made for a different reason?

and I haven't read the posts in between there and here.
    What can be causing this?
    The answer is probably in one of the posts you chose to not read, because clearly your time is more valuable than mine and I'm happy to sit here and repost everything that may be relevent to you, in spite of the fact that you haven't given any clues... Not even a comment about what version of zencart or what version of ozpost you are using.

No drama, as well as having infinite time avaialble to dedicate to you I am also blessed with psychic abilities. (Nah, just kidding). :-)

If it is a server related problem, I need to explain to them what to check / look for.
    Are you with godaddy?

Are you SURE cURL is functional (from your webserver)

Did you run the curltester program from your home machine or from your server. If the server, please provide a URL. If your local machine please try it again from your server.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Thisw is a new one on me.

What version of zencart are you using?

All I can think of at the moment is that you have uploaded some of the files into the wrong places.

Does the module correctly show in your admin/modules/shipping area?

Any other clues?

Cheers
    Rod
    Yes it's showing correctly in the Admin. And calculating in the Estimator, but with the errors. Using version 1.3.7.1.

Also, I checked languages/english.php. That line mentioned isn't in there. Just added it in and it fixed that part. Odd.

Plugin Contributions

Yes it's showing correctly in the Admin. And calculating in the Estimator, but with the errors. Using version 1.3.7.1.
    Hmmm, perhaps it isn't as compatible with 1.3.7 as I've been told.

Also, I checked languages/english.php. That line mentioned isn't in there. Just added it in and it fixed that part. Odd.
    This makes me wonder what else is missing. I really don't know what to suggest now other than consider upgrading your zen.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

It was working fine and had been for 6 months before I upgraded to the new version? I'll look into it further and report back

Plugin Contributions

It was working fine and had been for 6 months before I upgraded to the new version? I'll look into it further and report back
    What version did you upgrade from? (it may more may not give a clue)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    I can only guess that you are referring to the suggestion made to one person, in one particular circumstance that would allow installtion to continue, even though the module itself still couldn't work? At least that person knew what he was doing and why he needed to do it.

In that case either you screwed up, or you are referring to a different suggestion made for a different reason?

The answer is probably in one of the posts you chose to not read, because clearly your time is more valuable than mine and I'm happy to sit here and repost everything that may be relevent to you, in spite of the fact that you haven't given any clues... Not even a comment about what version of zencart or what version of ozpost you are using.

No drama, as well as having infinite time avaialble to dedicate to you I am also blessed with psychic abilities. (Nah, just kidding). :-)

Are you with godaddy?

Are you SURE cURL is functional (from your webserver)

Did you run the curltester program from your home machine or from your server. If the server, please provide a URL. If your local machine please try it again from your server.

Cheers
    Rod
    Sarcasm is simply not necessary and I, as a zen cart module developer, would never respond that way. I am offended.

How often do you have to read pages and pages of a thread? No, my time is not more valuable than yours - that is unless you don't get paid for doing that. My bill to my client rises when I spend that much time on a particular thread and I do care about that.

As a developer, I said I had tried the curltester program - of course on the server. I'm not an idiot. And I said it worked - it gave me the results almost identical to the results you stated were correct in the parts of the thread I did read.

As that section was the only section that mentioned that error, I assumed the likelihood of there being more on the subject was low.

Of course it's the lastest version of the mod, and it is the lastest version of zen cart. The entire reason for installing this now is that we moved the hosting from godaddy by the way.

Now let's not waste any more time with unnecessary comments.

url: http://regimental-books.com.au/curltester.php

Oh, and one more thing. I just donated money to Ceon Conor for his outstanding help thru the forum. I don't mind paying to have things done, especially when folks are customer service oriented.
    Last edited by delia; 16 Jul 2010 at 12:12 PM.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

. I am offended..
    That is your choice.

How often do you have to read pages and pages of a thread?
    Surprisingly, far too often, and generally it is because I'm seeking the solution to someone elses problem.

No, my time is not more valuable than yours - that is unless you don't get paid for doing that.
    I don't get paid. period. Something I need to rectify very soon, else I won't be around to abuse ... err, help anyone anyway...

My bill to my client rises when I spend that much time on a particular thread and I do care about that.
    My clients don't seem to value my time at all (ok, there are a number of exceptions to this rule)

I said I had tried the curltester program - of course on the server.
    As a developer you should know that it wouldn't be safe for me to assume this was rhe case.

I'm not an idiot.
    We all make mistakes and/or overlook the obvious at times. If I took the opposite approach and assumed you did everything RIGHT then you either wouldn't be having a problem, or the problem is inexplicable, so rightly or wrongly I assume that when things go wrong for just one (perhaps two) people, then they have doen something different, or their is something 'not normal' about their setup.

And I said it worked -
    People lie. Often. Do you think I just invented my sarcastic streak just for you? No, it is a 'skill' that I've developed over many many years of dealing with customer problems.

it gave me the results almost identical to the results you stated were correct in the parts of the thread I did read.
    As you know, this is a long thread, with the bulk of the content being my replies to other people. Until recently I used to follow all new posts and subsbribed to several different zencart forums, as well as a number of non zencart forums.. Type my name into google and I seem to occupy the 1st 10 pages or so - I can't remember everything I've said to everyone. I can make guesses and assumptions (as I did in my 1st response to you), but rather than clarify if these were correct or not you choose to be offended at my apparent sarcasm.

As that section was the only section that mentioned that error, I assumed the likelihood of there being more on the subject was low.
    You are absolutely correct, because other than that one thread I can't recall any other similar ones, but as I said, I'm a prolific reader/writer and I don't remember everything about every conversation I've had.

I have even less of a memory when someone hi-jacks someone elses problem and makes it their own.

Of course it's the lastest version of the mod,
    I'm NOT going to argue/dispute that, but if you only knew how many hours I've wasted trying to solve someones problem, being emphatically told those exact same words, only to discover 1) They were using an entirely different program/module, or 2) It was the latest version when they installed it five years ago.

For reference, V2.0.7 is the current latest, V2.0.8 should be available from the vcsweb.com site sometime tomorrow evening. (The upgrade has another courier added).

and it is the lastest version of zen cart.
    As above, these words mean nothing to me. As a developer I'm surprised that you haven't been a LOT more explicit with you fault reporting.

Now let's not waste any more time with unnecessary comments.
    OK, as long as you don't expect me to do all the work and research, and perhaps try to be a little more explicit with versions and other details.

Unless you relocated/removed it, this is an invalid URL (404 page not found error). No biggy, I found the script anyway, and yes, you are correct, it does seem to be all ok.....

Now, although once again I need to show my mistrust it is something that needs to be checked/tested/verified.

First, I am currently *assuming* your problem is still with the installation and not the operation of it, correct?

If so, you also stated that you made the same change as previously discussed to bypass this connectivity test during installation and it made no difference for you, Also correct?

If so, then I'm am at a totally and complete loss as to where to go from here, because any further testing/checking is going to require the module to be installed... And negating those tests with the aforementioned modifications should allow it to be installed. I can't see why it doesn't work for you... As a developer, perhaps you can think of something I've missed? Would you be offended if I asked you to double check? The installation code really isn't difficult to follow - In fact even deleting the 'exit' commands that follow the failed checks will allow the install to procede.

AFTER it is installed, you should see an 'opost multiqote' icon in the admin section.. if not, then we have a firewall issue (you server or ours). If the ico shows, then we are back into cURL territory. (we need to divide and conquer)

Happy hunting,
    Rod
    Last edited by RodG; 16 Jul 2010 at 03:07 PM.