Page 37 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Johnny

You can uninstall by working backwards through the steps in the install.txt file and undoing each of them.

Easier though would probably be to use phpMyAdmin to change the admin_id of the Admin that you inserted to be 1 (you would need to change the ID of any admin that is already 1 to something else first) which should cause all your previous accesses to reappear.
    Thanks Kuroi,

Setting the admin id to 1 did the trick !

Regards,
    Johnny
    www.planetebio.net - Eat Right Feel Good !

Plugin Contributions

@ Haley

I had a quick look at those user tracking files today. The SQL file should be run using whatever method you used to run the Admin Profiles SQL file when you installed it.

The user_tracking_tools_dhtml.php should be placed in your admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes folder.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kuroi,

Hope all is well! Had a quick question. I upgraded to 1.38 and just manually added the patches to admin.php. Everything works except when I log in with the other admin profiles it shows up every menu and option as soon as you login where as before it would only show what they have access too. I went over everything but I dont think I missed anything. Any ideas?

Thanks - Zack

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zackf View Post
    I upgraded to 1.38 and just manually added the patches to admin.php. Everything works except when I log in with the other admin profiles it shows up every menu and option as soon as you login where as before it would only show what they have access too.
    It sounds as though you have upgraded by over-writing the existing files, rather than merging changes into the new files.

If this is the case you will need to re-apply the admin box files from the mod as that's where the allowable menu accesses are checked. Even better would be to compare them with the new files in case there are new menu items added in this release that aren't allowed for in the mod's box files. I haven't yet checked this.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I read in the wiki, more access rights - level will come in Zencart 1.6 Is there a forecast when this is? i'm looking for some more levels of control :)
    Last edited by NRG; 9 Dec 2007 at 02:58 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kuroi - thanks for the help! I fixed everything up and it works great again :) Just one question... I have the Tax Exempt module and it shows up whether they have access to it or not. How do I modify the boxes? to hide it if they dont have access?

Thanks - Zack

It sounds as though you have upgraded by over-writing the existing files, rather than merging changes into the new files.

If this is the case you will need to re-apply the admin box files from the mod as that's where the allowable menu accesses are checked. Even better would be to compare them with the new files in case there are new menu items added in this release that aren't allowed for in the mod's box files. I haven't yet checked this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I read in the wiki, more access rights - level will come in Zencart 1.6 Is there a forecast when this is? I'm looking for some more levels of control :)
    The Zen Cart don't do estimates of when deliveries will happen. Their focus is on delivering updates that are robust and work, rather that delivering to a schedule. However, my uninformed guess would be that it will be at least two years away, as Zen Cart 1.4 and 1.5 are in the queue before it.

Plugin Contributions

I have the Tax Exempt module and it shows up whether they have access to it or not. How do I modify the boxes? to hide it if they dont have access?
    I'm not sure that I follow you. If we're thinking of the same tax exempt mod (from numinix) the admin changes are the addition of a single field to the customer table and equivalent page. Admin Profiles controls access to pages, it doesn't interfere with access to the content on those pages (at least not currently), so couldn't be used to restrict access to this one field.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kuroi. Sorry about that I shouldn't send messages when i'm tired lol. I should've asked what code do I have to add to remove 3rd party modules (like the tax exempt) from the menus if an admin doesn't have access to it. All of the built in zen modules (like orders) disappear if they don't have access but the 3rd party modules dont.

thanks - zack

I'm not sure that I follow you. If we're thinking of the same tax exempt mod (from numinix) the admin changes are the addition of a single field to the customer table and equivalent page. Admin Profiles controls access to pages, it doesn't interfere with access to the content on those pages (at least not currently), so couldn't be used to restrict access to this one field.

Plugin Contributions

what code do I have to add to remove 3rd party modules (like the tax exempt) from the menus if an admin doesn't have access to it. All of the built in zen modules (like orders) disappear if they don't have access but the 3rd party modules dont.
    3rd party modules generally add themselves to the menus by adding extra box files to the admin. These need to be amended for Admin Profiles to be able to suppress them when appropriate. There's a step-by-step guide to this inlcuded with the Admin Profiles release package.

However, I'm still confused about your references to tax exempt, since the only tax exempt mod that I know of doesn't have any menu entries.

Page 37 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast