Page 58 of 223 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MultiSite Module Support Thread

MotoDelta, the reason I did it this way was even though there are three catalogs, I want them to all go to the same database so the client receives all orders from one admin area instead of logging into three. Which obviously would be a drag.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

We'll have 100+ sites running on multisite within 12 months. Each site has it's own domain, IP, and SSL certificate.
    Can't you just use one dedicated IP, with one SSL cert, to handle all the payment stuff? Or are you going to also be doing a bundle of different credit card processors? Ouch!

I just pointed the DNS or whatever it's called to the dedicated IP, set up the multiple-named-template system, and it's rockin'... Some stuff is standard across the system, like the products and the payment, but I'm changing the look/feel for each site as I go...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bogie View Post
    Can't you just use one dedicated IP, with one SSL cert, to handle all the payment stuff? Or are you going to also be doing a bundle of different credit card processors? Ouch!

I just pointed the DNS or whatever it's called to the dedicated IP, set up the multiple-named-template system, and it's rockin'... Some stuff is standard across the system, like the products and the payment, but I'm changing the look/feel for each site as I go...
    Well the problem with that for me is several fold:

1. If you use a common checkout page, within multisite you lose the template formatting because it looks at the server URL to serve up the template. I can't find a way around that. It could probably be done with a session variable and using a server SSL, but I cannot make it work. I cannot lose the templating. Each site represents a seperate business and they want to retain their identity during checkout.

2. With shared IP between all sites, there are potential search-engine issues. Similar content, same IP, 100 sites, it is likely that if search engines aren't doing it now, they will in the near-term and I don't want our customers sites blacklisted.

Those are both HUGE issues for me and untill I can find a way around them, they remain the cost of doing business. If there are holes in my thought process, I'd be happy to have the critical eye on them.

(Note that my costs quoted earlier included things like dedicated server, hosting, and tech support costs).

Plugin Contributions

Default Single login across stores

Hi Guys & Girls

I've had a pretty good go at reading through most of this thread without much joy for what I wanted.

I've had a Multisite store set up with 5 different stores/fronts included:

www.BuyHakko.com

You can move between the stores using the tabs across the top. I would like customers to be able to login into one store & then remain logged in as they move between the stores to shop - the shopping basket is carried across the stores at the moment but you have to login to each store individually. Can anyone advise on what I need to change/setup for the customers to be able to login once then remain logged in as they move between the stores ?

Thanks

Absey

Plugin Contributions

Hi absey,
    If you link the tabs with the session key it will do what you want it to do. Use the correct variable, which should be "zenid". You can use something like:
    PHP Code:
    zen_session_name() . '=' zen_session_id() 
    to output the session variable and value. Or you can just use zen_href_link and set the add_session_id parameter to true.

I also might try using POST and making each site a button to avoid people copying the links from the site tabs and accidentally emailing their session id. Could cause problems as it will log anyone in as that customer.

Plugin Contributions

Oh thank you, I've been looking for this (so excited), but I don't understand what you are saying to do there:

Hi absey,
    If you link the tabs with the session key it will do what you want it to do. Use the correct variable, which should be "zenid". You can use something like:
    PHP Code:
    zen_session_name() . '=' . zen_session_id()

to output the session variable and value. Or you can just use zen_href_link and set the add_session_id parameter to true.

I also might try using POST and making each site a button to avoid people copying the links from the site tabs and accidentally emailing their session id. Could cause problems as it will log anyone in as that customer.
    Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978

Plugin Contributions

Ok, for example. When I visit transportation.actionforms.ca and turn off my cookies I will find links like this (notice the zenid):
    PHP Code:
    http://transportation.actionforms.ca/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=183&zenid=12da6f0bc81eed0b419e4daa853bcf39 
    If you were to login to any of your subdomains and then send the zenid variable to any other of your subdomains using a link with the zenid then it would keep you logged in.

so for example if I were logged in with the above zenid then doing this would keep me loggged in and take me to the humanresources subdomain:
    PHP Code:
    http://humanresources.actionforms.ca/cart/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=12da6f0bc81eed0b419e4daa853bcf39 
    Last edited by cablesimple; 8 Oct 2008 at 03:27 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok that makes sense :-) Now for the dumb question of where do I put the zen_session_name() . '=' . zen_session_id()

I only know enough php to be dangerous, so please be patient and thanks for the help!!!

Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978

Plugin Contributions

Is this the process I would use if I want to:

Set up 2 duplicate sites, one for USA and one for Canada, both working off the same host provider.

Both sites are basically the same but the shopping cart will be in the two seperate currency $$'s.

I have to do it that way because the price is much less in 1 country vs the other. More than what the general exchange rate is. IE 6$ in usa + shipping vs 10$ CAN + shipping

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

You use it whenever your creating a link from one sub-domain to the next

PHP Code:
    echo 'a href="http://humanresources.actionforms.ca/cart/index.php?'zen_session_name() . '=' zen_session_id()   .'">Human resources</a>'