Quote Originally Posted by Some Bloke View Post
Hi all,

I've been lurking here for quite a while now.

I'm not too good with coding and scraped through by trial and error so I'm not going to be a great help but I have a couple of points:

My store's been running over 2 years and I didn't upgrade to Philip's newer WorldPay module - it is still using the old url's to their servers rather than the rbs versions. Strangely the shop still seems to be functioning fine although I do have the whitelisting set to off. Customers come back and continue navigating correctly. And no feedback with complaints. I've no idea why I've escaped but maybe someone can see a clue or direction to work towards?

I know I'll need to change very soon but I'm waiting until the very last until all the stupid changes are finalised.
You'd better not publish the location of your shop. The reason why version 2 of the module was created is because it's possible to fool your shop into believing that items have been paid for and approved by worldpay with the first version of the module. It's also possible to discount items by knocking of xx% amount where worldpay would then also send you items have been paid emails, and unless you check every amount it's very easy to execute fraud.

Philip.