Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Poll Manager Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boudewijn View Post
    To make sure that the statistics are received by the browser, I'd like to check the resulting page. You can do the following in IE:
    1. go to your website
    2. vote on a poll and leave the page as it is
    3. press F12 to open the developer tools
    4. click View->Source->DOM(page)
    5. from the source window, click file->save and save the file somewhere
    6. send the file to the email address mentioned at the top of the poll_manager.txt file

If you just want to check for yourself, search the file and check for the poll part. The HTML containing the statistics should be there.

Besides that, some more questions:
    - do you get any JS errors?
    - do you see the 'loading' image appear?
    Hi, I just sent the html document you wanted. I'm not getting any javascript errors but the loading image doesn't appear.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Poll Manager Support Thread

Hello,

Does this mod support multilanguage polls? I really need to extend it to multi language.. I have already installed poll manager, but I only have one language in it.. any hints?

Thanks, D.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Loter View Post
    Hello,

Does this mod support multilanguage polls? I really need to extend it to multi language.. I have already installed poll manager, but I only have one language in it.. any hints?

Thanks, D.
    Hi,

PM is written following the conventions of Zen-Cart for languages. PM is made available with language files for English and Dutch, but any other language can be added. So I guess the answer is yes.

Boudewijn

Plugin Contributions

PM VERSION 1.1 IS AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS SECTION

Hi all,

As of about now the new version of PM is available. Changes from the last version are:

- Added display of date of first and last vote for each poll in the administrative interface
    - Added multivote option for polls
    - Added poll overview page and option in the administrative interface to display poll results there
    - Added option to display one poll always as first for a new visitor
    - Added avoid displaying the same poll twice subsequently (if more than 1 active poll exists)
    - Added percentage of total votes to poll options in admin interface
    - Moved includes/modules/sideboxes/poll_box.php to includes/modules/sideboxes/YOUR_TEMPLATE/poll_box.php
    - Fixed pollbox width incorrect with small headers
    - Fixed add option 'forgets' checked text input field

Instructions for upgrade/installation are in the poll_manager.txt file.

Please enjoy!

Boudewijn

Plugin Contributions

Is there capability of adding images to the poll selections?
    Thomas Brophy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by boudewijn View Post
    Hi,

PM is written following the conventions of Zen-Cart for languages. PM is made available with language files for English and Dutch, but any other language can be added. So I guess the answer is yes.

Boudewijn

I need multilangual poll response options.. so if I have 2 language zc installed, and I add a new poll, I want to enter Poll title different for both languages and different poll options for the languages I have... any hints how to do that?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Loter View Post
    I need multilangual poll response options.. so if I have 2 language zc installed, and I add a new poll, I want to enter Poll title different for both languages and different poll options for the languages I have... any hints how to do that?
    Hi,

Currently PM only supports entered texts in one language. There is no work around. I will keep this on the wish list for the next version.

Boudewijn

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Is there capability of adding images to the poll selections?
    Hi,

At this moment PM cannot handle images or even html code in the option texts. If you want this added, can you elaborate this some more?

Boudewijn

Plugin Contributions

Hi Boudewijn,

When I use PM1.1. I have noticed one thing, you made the PM that can not the same IP to vote twice to the same pool, but I have end lot of users a dynamic IP address, so after I vote I get the same voting polls to vote.

My suggestion is if you can inserted button ''vote'' in the page that displays all the pool, and when the user chooses to see the statistics of a pool that has the ability to vote. Means clicking on the button and it automatically appears voting pool in columns where the pool box is located to vote.

That would be good because if it, for example. have 10 pool and becouse dynamic IP address run pool that has already voted, it reduces the possibility that his views the pool that has not voted at all and with such ability to give him to vote.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra8 View Post
    Hi Boudewijn,

When I use PM1.1. I have noticed one thing, you made the PM that can not the same IP to vote twice to the same pool, but I have end lot of users a dynamic IP address, so after I vote I get the same voting polls to vote.

My suggestion is if you can inserted button ''vote'' in the page that displays all the pool, and when the user chooses to see the statistics of a pool that has the ability to vote. Means clicking on the button and it automatically appears voting pool in columns where the pool box is located to vote.

That would be good because if it, for example. have 10 pool and becouse dynamic IP address run pool that has already voted, it reduces the possibility that his views the pool that has not voted at all and with such ability to give him to vote.
    Hi,

I could make this an option, to display the vote button if 'Show vote button on overview page' is set to 'yes', and either 'Allow multiple votes' is set to 'yes', or the IP of the customer hasn't voted yet. What do you think?

Boudewijn

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast