Plugin Contributions

Default Product Description Not Showing On Front End / Online Catalog

I am inputting my products on my site and after entering the title, selecting call for pricing and entering a description, I finally select an image and click submit. When I go to the online catalog the only thing showing is the title and picture but no product description that I placed. Below is an example of what I have placed in the Description Box:

Manufacturer: CCI
    Model: A0052
    Caliber / Gauge: 17HMR
    Rounds Per Box: 50 Rounds
    Velocity: 1875FPS
    Minimum Boxes Per Order: 5 Boxes

None of the above info is on the front end site but it is still listed on the backend. I would very much like this info to be on the front end.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

www.firstcapitalfirearms.com/zencart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Description Not Showing On Front End / Online Catalog

If you switch to the Classic Green template you should see the description. If you 'view page source' on your product page you'll see that the product description is there, just being hidden. I just fixed another site with the same problem, either the CSS is set for 'display: none' or there's javascript hiding the code.

I had to manually trace the 'productDescription' div/code to find the problem.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    If you switch to the Classic Green template you should see the description. If you 'view page source' on your product page you'll see that the product description is there, just being hidden. I just fixed another site with the same problem, either the CSS is set for 'display: none' or there's javascript hiding the code.

I had to manually trace the 'productDescription' div/code to find the problem.
    Thanks for the help above, Is the CSS display:none something that is fixed in the admin section of through a file itself. If it is a file is there a certain one that I should look for / at. I am not all that familiar with the "view page source" left click, used it once or twice but that's it. Sorry I am somewhat new to the whole ZC software and am learning new things everyday from good folks like yourself. Finally if I switch to Classic Green Template fix the problem will it show back up in the template when I switch back. If I switch will I loose all the work that I did on the template as I really don't want to. I will be sure to back everything up first though.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Mark

Plugin Contributions

Changing between templates with admin doesn't erase anything.

I tried guessing in a previous thread as to where the code is that is hiding your product description, it took 15 minutes to trace the problem when I had access to the actual files.

So, if you can't find it in:
    - includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php
    - includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/stylesheet.css

This is the code that's working but not displaying:
    Code:
    <div class="layer1"> 
        <p class="heading">Description</p>
    <div class="content1">
    <!--bof Product description -->
    <div id="productDescription" class="productGeneral biggerText"><p><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Manufacturer: Remington</font></font></font></p>

<p style="line-height: 0.21in;"><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Model: APR17HM1</font></font></font></p>

<p style="line-height: 0.21in;"><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Caliber / Gauge: 17HMR</font></font></font></p>

<p style="line-height: 0.21in;"><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Rounds Per Box: 50 Rounds</font></font></font></p>

<p style="line-height: 0.21in;"><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Velocity: 2550FPS</font></font></font></p>

<p style="line-height: 0.21in;"><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Minimum Boxes Per Order: 5 Boxes</font></font></font></p></div>
    <!--eof Product description -->
    </div>
    </div>
    Then you could PM/Email me ftp access and I can look into it for you.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Changing between templates with admin doesn't erase anything.

I tried guessing in a previous thread as to where the code is that is hiding your product description, it took 15 minutes to trace the problem when I had access to the actual files.

So, if you can't find it in:
    - includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php
    - includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/stylesheet.css

This is the code that's working but not displaying:
    Code:
    <div class="layer1"> 
        <p class="heading">Description</p>
    <div class="content1">
    <!--bof Product description -->
    <div id="productDescription" class="productGeneral biggerText"><p><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Manufacturer: Remington</font></font></font></p>

<p style="line-height: 0.21in;"><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Model: APR17HM1</font></font></font></p>

<p style="line-height: 0.21in;"><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Caliber / Gauge: 17HMR</font></font></font></p>

<p style="line-height: 0.21in;"><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Rounds Per Box: 50 Rounds</font></font></font></p>

<p style="line-height: 0.21in;"><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Velocity: 2550FPS</font></font></font></p>

<p style="line-height: 0.21in;"><font color="#333333"><font face="sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS"><font style="font-size: 9pt">Minimum Boxes Per Order: 5 Boxes</font></font></font></p></div>
    <!--eof Product description -->
    </div>
    </div>
    Then you could PM/Email me ftp access and I can look into it for you.

Thanks again for the fast reply. I will try and look for it in the next day or this evening. I will be busy rest of the afternoon. I really try and figure things out myself if I can so that I know how to fix the problem should it happen again but I am very thankful that you are willing to look into it for me should I need it. I will let you know via PM what the situation is, hopefully later this evening or tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

Mark

Plugin Contributions

I believe I sent you a PM but am not sure as I didn't get a message confirming it was sent.

Thanks

Mark

Plugin Contributions

I got the PM thanks, found the problem also, will need you to check the reply I sent you to confirm it works. Then I'll update the forum with the answer :)
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by firstcapitalfirearms View Post
    I am inputting my products on my site and after entering the title, selecting call for pricing and entering a description, I finally select an image and click submit. When I go to the online catalog the only thing showing is the title and picture but no product description that I placed. Below is an example of what I have placed in the Description Box:

Manufacturer: CCI
    Model: A0052
    Caliber / Gauge: 17HMR
    Rounds Per Box: 50 Rounds
    Velocity: 1875FPS
    Minimum Boxes Per Order: 5 Boxes

None of the above info is on the front end site but it is still listed on the backend. I would very much like this info to be on the front end.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

www.firstcapitalfirearms.com/zencart
    If you read through the template thread you will see that this bug has already been identified and a patch has been posted to fix it.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    If you read through the template thread you will see that this bug has already been identified and a patch has been posted to fix it.

Thanks,

Anne
    I am having this same problem. I've searched for this patch you've mentioned but I can't find any other threads with this issue besides this one and I haven't been able to find any associated patch. Would you be able to point me in a more specific direction?

I'm thinking it may be related to my host's recent upgrade to PHP 5.4 and its incompatibility with ZenCart 1.3.9. I was hoping to patch this problem as a temporary fix until I could finish the upgrade process to ZC 1.5.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LadyKaira View Post
    I am having this same problem. I've searched for this patch you've mentioned but I can't find any other threads with this issue besides this one and I haven't been able to find any associated patch. Would you be able to point me in a more specific direction?

I'm thinking it may be related to my host's recent upgrade to PHP 5.4 and its incompatibility with ZenCart 1.3.9. I was hoping to patch this problem as a temporary fix until I could finish the upgrade process to ZC 1.5.
    So, don't know if the template you are using is the same template as used by firstcapitalfirearms, but what Anne is referring to is listed in the forum for the template that firstcapitalfirearms is using (responsive sheffield blue). I don't recall which of the following patches address the "hidden" description, but the following are posts that include a patch distributed on the forum, there may be others after this post is made or if I missed something:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...25#post1221225
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...52#post1220352

The forum contains many references to the various patches available, and I even thought there was a patch applied to one of the other responsive templates that was discussed in the above forum, but a link was not directly posted. If you're having difficulties with something displaying, follow the guidance from above, change templates to the default (assuming the default is still unmodified) and if the problem still exists, there are only a few other limited causes. Then go back to the thread for the template and search either by using a word search or reading each entry for the solution. Unfortunately in the above template forum, there is a lot of discussion of the patch(es), but few links to them. I thought there was another patch for above, but perhaps those that need them now can update this listing as they go search for them.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...