Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Recover Cart

I've got mine set to send plain text emails. It doesn't look like this add-on adds a new email template. The config file does control the text in the email, but not the layout. Have you checked your regular Zen email templates to see if the image is coming from there?

Check
    /home/YOUR_TEMPleTE/public_html/email/email_template_default.html

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Recover Cart

Hi,

How do I upgrade to the latest version of Recover Cart Sales? I am not sure which version of Recover Cart Sales I am using. Do I just run update_3_1_0.sql ? Please advise. Thanks.
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e
    Email: admin AT dealbyethan DOT com

Plugin Contributions

I just installed Recover Cart on my development ZC v1.3.8a, downloaded from the Zen downloads section. Install went fine and it indeed is showing me my test client's abandoned cart contents, more or less.

Despite setting config for "Show Attributes" to true, Tools > Recover Cart does not show any attributes for a product if the item has them. In fact, if the product is NOT set to "Priced by attributes", which would mean that an attribute contributes toward calculating a final price for the product with a base price, all that displays in my Recover Cart is the product's base price. No selected attributes are shown, nor any price associated with one.

However, If the product IS set to "Priced by attribute", then the attribute price IS displayed in Recover Cart ....but , once again, no indicator of what option attribute was chosen. Furthermore, while the price displayed in this situation is partially correct (base price + attribute) , The price displayed is still inaccurate if the product's attribute is set to reduce a base price:
    say a widget is base priced at $10 and one attribute adds $2 while another subtracts $2, no matter which option is chosen, Recover Cart will still show the item as $12.

I'm less concerned about displayed pricing ...but it is very important to know what attributes have been selected .... or to be able to figure that out by looking at the item's price.

Is this normal ....or should Recover Cart be displaying product attributes too ...as it implied in the read me?

If it should and the behavior of my install if odd, are there any thoughts???

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stride-r View Post
    I just installed Recover Cart on my development ZC v1.3.8a, downloaded from the Zen downloads section.
    Something is wrong - that version is 4 versions and nearly 3 years out of date. If you want people to help, you'll want to be downloading 1.3.9d, the one without all the security holes.

Once you've updated to the current version people will be able to take a look

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
    that version is 4 versions and nearly 3 years out of date. If you want people to help, you'll want to be downloading 1.3.9d, the one without all the security holes.

Once you've updated to the current version people will be able to take a look
    Okay, first off, 1.3.9 was just released a couple months back ...and yes, it has seen several bug fixes since, hence "d". As far as Recover Cart is concerned, the download from zen cart repository lists it as for:
    Zen Cart™ Version: v1.3.8
    Version: 3.1.0
    Last Updated: Sep 08 2009

Thus, there's nothing new to it since waaay before 1.3.9 was released. I guess what you're saying, however, was since you personally jumped to the upgrade that now you no longer have a 1.3.8 version on which to try and reproduce the error, right? So rather than getting all defensive .....all i really needed to know was "yes, this mod did work just fine with 1.3.8 regarding attributes" ......or, "No, this mod never was fully tested or functional for all the attribute / pricing variables".

FYI - My 1.3.8 is a fully patched version, and while it's not 1.3.9, or later ...its what we're running for the moment until one can take the significant time to test upgrade with all the required mods.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dealbyethan.com View Post
    Hi,

How do I upgrade to the latest version of Recover Cart Sales? I am not sure which version of Recover Cart Sales I am using. Do I just run update_3_1_0.sql ? Please advise. Thanks.
    If you downloaded the newest version then the update patch is already included in the install.sql

But if you were already running another version of RCS then all you should have to do is to run the update patch (which just adds a new configuration variable to the menu for recover carts.)
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stride-r View Post
    I just installed Recover Cart on my development ZC v1.3.8a, downloaded from the Zen downloads section. Install went fine and it indeed is showing me my test client's abandoned cart contents, more or less.

Despite setting config for "Show Attributes" to true, Tools > Recover Cart does not show any attributes for a product if the item has them. In fact, if the product is NOT set to "Priced by attributes", which would mean that an attribute contributes toward calculating a final price for the product with a base price, all that displays in my Recover Cart is the product's base price. No selected attributes are shown, nor any price associated with one.

However, If the product IS set to "Priced by attribute", then the attribute price IS displayed in Recover Cart ....but , once again, no indicator of what option attribute was chosen. Furthermore, while the price displayed in this situation is partially correct (base price + attribute) , The price displayed is still inaccurate if the product's attribute is set to reduce a base price:
    say a widget is base priced at $10 and one attribute adds $2 while another subtracts $2, no matter which option is chosen, Recover Cart will still show the item as $12.

I'm less concerned about displayed pricing ...but it is very important to know what attributes have been selected .... or to be able to figure that out by looking at the item's price.

Is this normal ....or should Recover Cart be displaying product attributes too ...as it implied in the read me?

If it should and the behavior of my install if odd, are there any thoughts???
    Yes, it should show the attribs. on the HTML side of things (but as I just tested it, it does not.) The code is in there to do it however.

Where do you want the attributes to show? On the actual email that goes out, on the HTML screen of recover carts, both, etc...?
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Hi, can anyone help me?

I want to install this addon,but in this thread"138 mods tested on 139",it says 300b is the best version, can anyone tell me which version is better,300b or 3.1.0?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sub103 View Post
    Hi, can anyone help me?

I want to install this addon,but in this thread"138 mods tested on 139",it says 300b is the best version, can anyone tell me which version is better,300b or 3.1.0?

thanks
    That feedback is based on actual user experience so I would go with what the users are already saying about the versions.

If the one version doesn't work for you it wouldn't be a big problem to upgrade anyhow. I would start with what others say is working for them.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone have a working CRON script for this? I had one, but it just quit working. And I can't for the life of me remember where it came from.

Here's my Cron:

cd "/home/fakedir/public_html/fakeadmin/" php -f ./rcs_cron.php -- rcs_cron=1

Using fakedir and fakeadmin to be safe, but I assure you, the paths are correct.

Here is the script I have in the admin folder:

Code:
    <?php

/** RECOVER CART SALES -- AUTOMATED SCRIPT FOR CRON PROCESSING
     * Proper use:
     * -----------
     *   php -f ./rcs_cron.php -- rcs-cron=1 [tdate=x]
     * where [tdate=x] is an optional parameter, with x being the number of days (history) you wish to process for.
     * NOTE: it's expected that you will run this script from inside the admin folder.  
     *       (ie: chdir to admin folder, then run this script)
     */

// process command-line vars into GET vars:
    if ($argc > 0) {
      for ($i=1; $i<$argc; $i++) {
        $it = split("=", $argv[$i]);
        $_GET[$it[0]] = $it[1];
      }
    }
    // Check whether has been started with required parameters:
    if (!isset($_GET['rcs_cron'])) {
      echo "\n Recover Cart Sales (RCS) \n Automated processing script\n ===========================\n Proper use:\n -----------\n   php -f ./rcs_cron.php -- rcs-cron=1 [tdate=x]\n\n where [tdate=x] is an optional parameter, with x being the number of days (history) you wish to process for.\n NOTE: it's expected that you will run this script from inside the admin folder.\n\n\n";
      exit();
    }

// set some prerequisites:
    define('RCS_CRON_USERID', 100);
    $tdate = (isset($_GET['tdate'])) ? $_GET['tdate'] : '';

// load the Zen Cart core:
    require('includes/application_top.php');
    require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $_SESSION['language'] . '/' . FILENAME_MAIL . '.php');
    require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $_SESSION['language'] . '/recover_cart_sales.php');
    require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
    $currencies = new currencies();

// begin RCS processing:
    echo 'RCS processing for date range: past ' .  ($tdate != '' ? $tdate : RCS_BASE_DAYS) . ' days.' . "\n";
    doUnattendedRCS($tdate);
    echo 'Finished.' . "\n\n";
    I also found this bit of code in my fakeadmin/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_admin_auth.php and don't know if it is what is causing the prob:

Code:
      if (!isset($_SESSION['admin_id']) && $_GET['rcs_cron'] == 1 && defined('RCS_CRON_USERID')) {

$_SESSION['admin_id'] = RCS_CRON_USERID;

$bypass_additional_auth = true;

}

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast