Zen Cart Logo
Forums / Addon Templates / Bask black free template discussions

Bask black free template discussions

Views: 19,218

Results 1 to 20 of 68
4 Jan 2011, 2:31 PM
#1
mariasellii avatar

mariasellii

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2010
Posts:
23
Plugin Contributions:
0

Bask black free template discussions

Everybody! New and fresh 2011 FREE zen cart template issued! Hurry on,:clap: Everybody, taste it! The demo is available at:
http://free-zen-cart-templates-demo.zen-cart-power.net/bask
Comments are really APPRECIATED!
Do not forget to thank Zen Cart, Girls and Guys.

As soon as the Bask will be approved by Zen cart team - we will post the download link!:clap:

4 Jan 2011, 5:12 PM
#2
mariasellii avatar

mariasellii

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2010
Posts:
23
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

So, the new 2011absolutely free zen cart templates Bask is available now! Comments are appreciated. Thanks to Zen Cart!

8 Jan 2011, 2:29 AM
#4
sph avatar

sph

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jan 2006
Posts:
1,556
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

Very nice! I'm testing on my test site here: http://www.prom-mart.com/

Problems:

  1. Does not pass validation here: http://validator.w3.org/
    Nor for the css: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Possibly fairly minor.

  1. I don't trust the Curriencies converter (should I?) Anyway, how can I turn off in header? When go to layout box controller and mess with curriencies header it can shut down most of site.

PURE BLUE TEMPLATE

I know you probably don't do free support, but I'd likely rather use your Pure Blue considering my products.

Problems:

  1. No Canonical URL - probably biggest deal breaker for me.

  2. Same validation problems.

  3. Same issues with turning off curriencies & languages.

Actually, I'm very interested in your templates. Nice work!

sph

8 Jan 2011, 3:46 AM
#5
sph avatar

sph

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jan 2006
Posts:
1,556
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

Bask Black - the Information Gift Certificate FAQ's are missing.

8 Jan 2011, 8:09 PM
#6
mariasellii avatar

mariasellii

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2010
Posts:
23
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

SPH, thank you very much for your comments. All your remarks and bug reports are highly appreciated.

  1. Does not pass validation here: http://validator.w3.org/
    Nor for the css: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Possibly fairly minor.

The issue is corrected. Please upload updated version of the template from http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&cPath=40_53&products_id=1847.
The new version is 1.2 and will be available for download when Zen Cart team will approve it.

  1. I don't trust the Curriencies converter (should I?) Anyway, how can I turn off in header? When go to layout box controller and mess with curriencies header it can shut down most of site.

This issue is also corrected in the updated version 1.2. Just remove all the currencies via the <b>Localization<b> > <b>Currencies</b> area in the back-end (of course exept the 'US Dollar' item) and the sidebox will be disabled automatically.

PURE BLUE TEMPLATE

I know you probably don't do free support, but I'd likely rather use your Pure Blue considering my products.

Problems:

  1. No Canonical URL - probably biggest deal breaker for me.

  2. Same validation problems.

  3. Same issues with turning off curriencies & languages.

Please post your questions on the following page of zen-cart-power 'Pure' free templates blog:
http://www.zen-cart-power.com/questions-and-proposals-on-pure-free-zen-cart-templates-from-zen-cart-power_166

This current thread is for disscussion of the Bask Black template only. Hope for your understanding.

Bask Black - the Information Gift Certificate FAQ's are missing.

Fixed in new ver. 1.2.

Actually, I'm very interested in your templates. Nice work!

Thank you for the kind words. I am interested in your feedback too.

8 Jan 2011, 10:35 PM
#7
sph avatar

sph

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jan 2006
Posts:
1,556
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

Thanks, looking forward to the upgraded Bask Black.

9 Jan 2011, 1:56 AM
#8
sph avatar

sph

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jan 2006
Posts:
1,556
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

Hi, didn't want to wait for the zen cart upload so got latest 1.2 version from your site. Great job! Everything I brought up is fixed:

https://www.prom-mart.com (a test site for now)

  1. Both Validations passed;
  2. Gift Certificate FAQs are there;
  3. I Got rid of the curriencies in header (I never used this function, not trusting the conversion or necessary maintenance, but maybe I should.)

You even fixed something I didn't yet get to: The category layout rows, now have a nice space instead of pics directly on top of one another.

Now to make logos and bring template to my main site for live testing.

Thanks!

19 Jan 2011, 12:00 AM
#10
keyelement66 avatar

keyelement66

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jan 2011
Posts:
6
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

How do I change out the logo image?

Also, my logo is larger than the one being displayed in the template.

Thank you.

19 Jan 2011, 1:08 AM
#11
keyelement66 avatar

keyelement66

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jan 2011
Posts:
6
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

keyelement66:

How do I change out the logo image?

Also, my logo is larger than the one being displayed in the template.

Thank you.

OK ,I figured that out on my own, but now I can't figure out how to swap out the banner1 and banner2 on the home page. Such a maze of information to wade through! Please help!

19 Jan 2011, 2:21 AM
#12
sph avatar

sph

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jan 2006
Posts:
1,556
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

keyelement66:

OK ,I figured that out on my own, but now I can't figure out how to swap out the banner1 and banner2 on the home page. Such a maze of information to wade through! Please help!

If I may, the stock banner 1 & banner 2 images that come with this template are simply images set in your define main page, you can remove/change that in your admin/tools/define pages editor

19 Jan 2011, 7:23 PM
#13
mariasellii avatar

mariasellii

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2010
Posts:
23
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

SPH:

Hi,

How did you add your images to bottom of Categories and Important Links boxes?

http://free-zen-cart-templates-demo.zen-cart-power.net/bask/

Thanks.

SPH

https://www.prommart.com

Hello,

The images banner3.gif and banner4.gif (and files with the required code) were added manually.

The files
tpl_categories.php
and
tpl_ezpages.php
are available at https://www.zen-cart-power.com/downloads/tpl_categories_and_tpl_ez_pages_for_bask_black.zip.

When downloaded files should be placed at:
[your_zen_cart_folder]\includes\templates\bask_black\sideboxes

Regards

19 Jan 2011, 8:26 PM
#14
sph avatar

sph

Totally Zenned

Join Date:
Jan 2006
Posts:
1,556
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

Thanks, got the download files!

I almost did it on my own, but did not quite get the code right.

SPH

2 Feb 2011, 8:57 PM
#15
keyelement66 avatar

keyelement66

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jan 2011
Posts:
6
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

I want to delete a button (MY Account) and add an external link to a completely different web site. How can I do this in bask_black? The zen cart instructions are not working.

5 Feb 2011, 1:45 PM
#16
sweatingitout avatar

sweatingitout

New Zenner

Join Date:
Jul 2008
Posts:
19
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

Zen Cart version: v1.3.9
No upgrade
add on: black pure free templaltel
Customized some of the define pages
and eliminated side boxes

URL: http://www.thezodiacanswers.com/kavana

My problem with this template is minor, it was easy to install and works well. The problem is that when I login, the words
TOP_MENU_HELLO appear in front of my name.

So the problem lies in the account pages, is this an easy fix?
I'm a developer and use zen cart frequently so I will probably be back using more of your templates.
Thanks, appreciate any ideas you may have on a fix.

5 Feb 2011, 4:38 PM
#17
mariasellii avatar

mariasellii

New Zenner

Join Date:
Aug 2010
Posts:
23
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

keyelement66:

I want to delete a button (MY Account) and add an external link to a completely different web site. How can I do this in bask_black? The zen cart instructions are not working.
Hi,
zen-cart-power.net team developed that navigation menu as an add-on to standard Zen Cart, there is no problem changing the nav menu.

The shortest and simplest way is:

  1. To delete the 'My Account' from nav menu simply edit the file:
  • [your_zen_cart_folder]\includes\templates\bask_black\common*tpl_header.php**.

Find the code:

<li id="<?php echo $account_page;?>"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_MY_ACCOUNT;?></a></li>

and delete it.

To change the URL find the part of the code in " ":

<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>

and change into your desired URL, e.g. 'www.google.com'.

  1. To edit the text name of 'My Account' find the file:
    [your_zen_cart_folder]\includes\languages\bask_black*english.php*

and edit the text 'My Account' in string:

define('HEADER_MY_ACCOUNT', 'My Account');

In our case the string will look like (after changing 'My Account' to 'Google'):

define('HEADER_MY_ACCOUNT', 'Google');
27 Feb 2011, 10:15 PM
#18
garwak avatar

garwak

New Zenner

Join Date:
Feb 2011
Posts:
29
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

I am using 'emeralda' which is very similar to 'Bask Black' here https://www.expressembroidery.com.au/zencart can anyone tell me how to make all my sidebox headers green as in the Categories sidebox? Also, I would like to put a dividing line at the end of each section in the main centre page. ie: between new products, featured products and monthly specials, I would like this just to segrigate things a little.

I am also using 80% page width, do you see any problems with this?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Gary

7 Mar 2011, 2:32 PM
#19
geekylyndsay avatar

geekylyndsay

New Zenner

Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
2
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

I've just put bask black on my site yesterday and I really like it! It's nice and clean, it looks great.

The only problem is at the top of my page right above banner 1 I have a link

'Template by Zen-Cart-Power.net - Power Your Zen Cart!'
The link directs back to my home page. I can't find where to go to remove it. Do you have any ideas?

My site:
http://www.dragonchow.com/zencart/

7 Mar 2011, 2:45 PM
#20
geekylyndsay avatar

geekylyndsay

New Zenner

Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
2
Plugin Contributions:
0

Re: Bask black free template discussions

I forgot to add,

I would like to change 'specials' on the button bar to point to something else and retitle it. How can I do that?